Chocolate Dipped Toffee Shortbread-buttery, crisp toffee shortbread dipped in chocolate and sprinkled with toffee! These cookies are perfect for the holidays!
I’ve baked A LOT of cookies over the years. I bake all year long, but I go cookie crazy during the holidays. I have my favorite Christmas cookie recipes that I bake every holiday season, but I love coming up with a few new cookie recipes. It is always fun to add a new cookie into the mix. Sometimes, I worry that I will run out of cookie ideas, but my brain hasn’t let me down yet. I always have cookies on my mind…even when I am sleeping. My dreams are sweet indeed!
Chocolate Dipped Toffee Shortbread Cookies are my latest creation and they are already a favorite! They are going to be on our holiday baking list every year!
Josh actually requested shortbread cookies, which was a huge shocker. He always asks for chocolate chip cookies, no matter what the occasion! I decided to kick his shortbread cookies up a notch by adding toffee.
And I didn’t stop there. I also dipped the shortbread cookies in chocolate and sprinkled more toffee on top! It is the holiday season so go big or go home? Right? 🙂
Chocolate Dipped Toffee Shortbread Cookies are fun to make and eat! Get the kids involved and have them help you dip them in the chocolate. It may get a little messy, but that is all part of the fun! A chocolate mess is a good mess!
Make sure these Chocolate Dipped Toffee Shortbread Cookies make your baking list this year! They are on my list this year and will be for years to come! Looking for more holiday cookie recipes? Make sure you check out 25 of the BEST Holiday Cookies! Happy cookie baking!
Chocolate Dipped Toffee Shortbread
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup toffee bits divided
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- In a small bowl, whisk the flour and salt together. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter and powdered sugar until smooth and creamy, about 3 minutes. Beat in the vanilla extract. Slowly add in the flour mixture and mix until just combined. Stir in ½ cup of the toffee bits. Form the dough into a disk shape and wrap in plastic wrap. Chill the dough for at least 1 hour or until firm.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat baking mat and set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough into a ¼ inch thick square. Cut into squares, rounds, or shape of your choice using a lightly floured
- cookie cutter. Place shortbread cookie son the prepared baking sheet and bake for 15-18 minutes, or until cookies are very lightly browned around the
- edges. Remove cookies from baking sheet and cool completely on a wire cooling rack.
- Put the chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and melt, stirring every 30 seconds until melted. Dip the shortbread cookies in the melted chocolate and sprinkle with additional toffee bits. Lay on a piece of parchment paper or wax paper to set up. Once chocolate is completely dried, store cookies in an air tight container for up to 5 days.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod