Happy Christmas Eve! I know everyone is busy finishing their shopping, wrapping presents, and anxiously waiting for Santa, but take a time out because I have one more treat to share-chocolate hazelnut bark. I recently made this bark for my guest post on Make and Takes. I make peppermint bark every year, but this year I also made a big batch of chocolate hazelnut bark.
If you like chocolate and hazelnuts together, you are in for a real treat. This chocolate bark has a special ingredient-Nutella! The bark also gets a generous sprinkling of chopped hazelnuts-which add a nice flavor and crunch. Chocolate hazelnut bark makes a great gift and is also fun to munch on during the holidays. And the best part? It is super easy to make, so you still have time to whip up a batch.
Merry Christmas everyone! We hope you all have a safe and joyous holiday!
Chocolate Hazelnut Bark
- 2 pounds chocolate I like to use dark chocolate
- 1/2 teaspoon hazlenut extract
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 1 cup finely chopped hazlenuts
- 1. Line an 11-by-17-inch baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- 2. In the top of a double boiler, melt chocolate, stirring constantly.
- 3. Stir hazelnut extract and Nutella into the melted chocolate. Remove from heat, and pour the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet; spread evenly. Sprinkle with chopped hazelnuts.
- 4. Chill until firm, 25 to 30 minutes. Break into pieces, and serve. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
- Note-you can also melt the chocolate in the microwave.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod