Today we have a special guest post from Jessica, who blogs at How Sweet It Is. If you don’t follow Jessica’s blog, you better go take a look. She is always cooking and baking something delicious. She also writes over at the Tasty Kitchen blog with me. Today Jessica is sharing one of her favorite recipes, Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Bars. I know these will soon be one of my favorites too:)
I could not be more excited to share one of my favorite recipes with you today. I am thrilled to be a guest on Maria and Josh’s delightful blog – they have been tantalizing my taste buds for well over a year, and I often find myself drooling over Maria’s incredible cookie recipes, keeping a (very long!) mental list of which one will get baked next. My all time favorite are her soft gingersnaps and I urge you to try them as soon as you get in the kitchen!
When it came time to choose a recipe, it wasn’t difficult to pick a favorite. If there is one combination that belongs together, it is easily chocolate and peanut butter. A favorite of mine since childhood, I have debated on combining every chocolate and peanut butter ingredient that has ever crossed my path. And I’m not ashamed to admit that I often top a peanut butter spoon with a sprinkle of chocolate chips. A snack doesn’t get any better than that.
Since Maria is the cookie queen, I wanted to share one of my favorite cookie recipes with you in bar form. Cookie brownies, if you will. When you bake the cookie dough in a baking dish, the recipe yields a thick, chewy and delicious bar. It is nearly impossible to stop at one! I should know… I attempted to store these in the freezer, but instead learned a very important lesson: no matter how frozen baked goods are, they still find their way into my mouth. Can you blame me?
I hope you enjoy these chocolate peanut butter bars as much as I do!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Bars
- 12 -16 bars
- 1 cup butter at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon course sea salt
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Cream butter, peanut butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt and mix until just combined.
- Fold in peanut butter chips. Spread dough in a 9 x 13 baking dish sprayed with non-stick spray. Other sizes will work as well - they will just determine the thickness and cooking length of the bars.
- Bake at 325 for 25-30 minutes. If bars are not done (due to using a different sized dish), bake for 5-6 minute increments. Let cool completely before slicing.
If you like these Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Bars, you might also like: