We found out yesterday that Two Peas and Their Pod is a finalist in the “Tastiest” Blog category for the 2010 BlogLuxe Awards. We are excited and extremely honored. Thank you to everyone who voted and for your continued support. We have the best readers, followers, friends, and family. We are celebrating with Rocky Ledge Bars today, everyone needs and deserves a sweet treat!
The top five finalists in the “Tastiest” Blog category are as follows:
For a complete list of categories and the finalists visit BlogLuxe’s Award page. Congratulations everyone! I am still pinching myself. I can’t believe Two Peas and Their Pod is listed with such amazing blogs. I admire the creators behind each and every one of those blogs-talk about talent! The winners will be announced on August 5th, we are already winners though. We love our little blog and all of you! So thanks again!
Now onto the treats. I have been eyeing the Rocky Ledge bars in Martha Stewart’s Cookies book for a long time now. They are loaded with sugary goodness-marshmallows, chocolate, white chocolate, butterscotch, and caramel. I think that says it all. These babies are super sweet and super delicious.
Rocky Ledge Bars
- Cook Time
- 35 minutes
- 16 bars
- 1/2 cup 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature, plus more for pan
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 1/2 cups packed dark-brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate coarsely chopped
- 1 cup white chocolate coarsely chopped
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 18 soft caramel-candy cubes coarsely chopped
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9-by-13-inch baking pan with cooking spray. Line pan with parchment paper, allowing a 2-inch overhang on the longer sides. Spray the parchment paper with cooking spray. Set the pan aside.
- 2. Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix butter and brown sugar until smooth. Add eggs and vanilla extract, mix until smooth.
- 3. Slowly add in the flour mixture and mix until just combined. Fold in half of each of the marshmallows, chocolates, butterscotch chips, and caramels.
- 4. Spread batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle remaining marshmallows, chocolates, butterscotch chips, and caramels on top.
- 5. Bake until top is golden brown and a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean, about 35 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack. Lift out of pan, and transfer to a baking sheet. Refrigerate until set, at least 30 minutes.
- 6. Remove parchment, and cut into about triangles or squares.
If you like these Rocky Ledge bars, you might also like:
Caramel Chocolate Blondies from Two Peas and Their Pod
Pie Plate Chocolate Chip Toffee Cookies from Two Peas and Their Pod
Magic Bars from Baking Bites
Coconut Chocolate Chunk Blondies from Brown Eyed Baker