Easter is on Sunday and I am excited. Easter has always been one of my favorite holidays. When I was little, I loved picking out an Easter dress, dying eggs with my siblings, hunting for eggs, and eating Easter candy. I don’t pick out a frilly dress and bonnet anymore, but I still enjoy the holiday-especially the Easter candy. There are so many fun varieties of Easter candy. Josh brought home a bag of Mini Robin Eggs-the malted milk eggs with a colorful candy coating. I ate a few and then decided to make a batch of Chocolate Pudding Cookies with Mini Robin Eggs.
I love pudding cookies. This time I went with chocolate. The pudding kept the cookies soft and added a nice chocolaty flavor. I also stirred in milk chocolate chips and chopped up Mini Robin Eggs. The Mini Robin Eggs candy added a pop of color and a nice crunch to the cookies.
If you are looking for a special Easter treat, try Chocolate Pudding Cookies with Mini Robin Eggs. And if your kids receive too much Easter candy, make cookies with the leftover candy. Everyone will enjoy these cookies.
Chocolate Pudding Cookies with Mini Robin Eggs
- 3 dozen cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 3.4 oz. package chocolate instant pudding mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 cups Mini Robin Eggs colored malted milk Easter candy, chopped
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat and set aside.
- 2. Using a mixer, beat together butter and sugars until creamy. Add in chocolate pudding mix, eggs, and vanilla extract. Mix until smooth.
- 3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips and Mini Robin Eggs.
- 4. Drop cookie dough by rounded tablespoons onto prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until cookies are set. The middles will not be completely done. Remove cookies from oven and let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack and cool completely.
- Note-if you can't find Robin Eggs, you can use malted milk balls.
If you like these Chocolate Pudding Cookies with Mini Robin Eggs, you might also like:
Vanilla Pudding Chocolate Chip Cookies from Two Peas and Their Pod
Easter Egg Shortbread Cookies from Baking Bites
Homemade Marshmallow Nests from Sophistimom
Chocolate, Peanut Butter, & Marshmallow Pudding Cookies from Picky Palate