These super soft chocolate chip cookies are made with a secret ingredient, vanilla pudding mix! You are going to LOVE this chocolate chip cookie recipe!
Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies
I’ve baked a lot of cookies over the years, but one of the first cookie recipes I remember baking are Pudding Chocolate Chip Cookies. They are so easy and everyone loves them, including me. The cookies are super soft and turn out perfect every time. If you like soft chocolate chip cookies, this is the chocolate chip cookie recipe for you! The vanilla pudding mix works it’s magic to create one super soft and delicious chocolate chip cookie.
Family Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies
These chocolate chip cookies are a family favorite. My brother, sister, and I would beg for these cookies all of the time when we were growing up. Every time I make and eat these cookies I remember making a mess in the kitchen when I was a little girl. I didn’t always clean up my mess, either. Oops! Once I had a few spoonfuls of dough and a warm cookie oozing with chocolate, I was done. Luckily, my dad was a good sport and cleaned up after me. I think he was just happy I was interested in baking, something I learned from him.
Now, I bake these pudding chocolate chip cookies for my boys and they LOVE them.
Vanilla Pudding, the Secret Ingredient
The secret ingredient, vanilla pudding mix, makes these cookies extra special. You don’t have to make the pudding, you just need the powdered mix. If you dump actual pudding, made with milk, in the cookies, you will have a disaster. You only need to add the powdered vanilla pudding mix to the cookie dough. I know it sounds odd, but I promise the pudding creates the softest and most delicious chocolate chip cookie. The pudding is magic!
If you enjoy soft chocolate chip cookies, you have to try Vanilla Pudding Chocolate Chip Cookies. I am sure they will become a favorite cookie in your home as well. Enjoy!
If you like these pudding chocolate chip cookies, check out:
- Chocolate Lover’s Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Whole Wheat Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Sprinkle Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Salted Caramel Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Orange Chocolate Chip Cookies
Vanilla Pudding Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Prep Time
- 30 minutes
- Cook Time
- 10 minutes
- Total Time
- 40 minutes
- 36 cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3.4 oz. package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat and set aside.
- Using a mixer, beat together butter and sugars until creamy. Add in pudding mix, eggs, and vanilla extract. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop cookie dough by rounded tablespoons onto prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until slight golden and set. Remove cookies from oven and let cool on baking sheet for two minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack and cool completely.
chocolate chip cookies, pudding cookies