Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies-These super soft chocolate chip cookies are made with a secret ingredient, vanilla pudding mix! You are going to LOVE this chocolate chip cookie recipe!
Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies
I’ve baked a lot of cookies over the years, but one of the first cookie recipes I remember baking are Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies. They are so easy and everyone loves them, including me.
The cookies are super soft and turn out perfect every time. If you like soft chocolate chip cookies, this is the chocolate chip cookie recipe for you! The vanilla pudding mix is the secret ingredient and creates a super soft and delicious chocolate chip cookie.
You can’t go wrong with this chocolate chip cookie recipe!
Vanilla Pudding, the Secret Ingredient
The secret ingredient, vanilla pudding mix, makes these cookies extra special. You don’t have to make the pudding, you just need the powdered mix. If you dump actual pudding, made with milk, in the cookies, you will have a disaster. You only need to add the powdered vanilla pudding mix to the cookie dough.
I know it sounds odd, but I promise the pudding mix creates the softest and most delicious chocolate chip cookie. The pudding is magic!
I use vanilla pudding, but you can mix it up and use chocolate, butterscotch, white chocolate, etc. Play around and experiment with different pudding flavors! I just like vanilla for this recipe because it is classic!
You can check out my other pudding cookie recipes:
- Butterscotch Pudding Triple Chip Cookies
- Lemon Blueberry Pudding Cookies
- Banana Pudding Cookies
- Oreo White Chocolate Pudding Cookies
- Oreo White Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
How to Make Pudding Cookies
I love this cookie recipe because they are SO easy! You don’t have to chill the dough and they turn out perfectly EVERY single time! They are a family favorite!
- Use a stand mixer or hand mixer to beat the butter and sugars together. Make sure your butter isn’t too soft or melted. You want it at cool room temperature. If the butter is too warm, your cookies will be flat and greasy…and we don’t want that:)
- Add in the secret ingredient, the vanilla pudding mix, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Don’t over mix!
- Stir in the chocolate chips. I like to use semi-sweet chocolate chips, Guittard is my favorite brand. You can use milk, dark, white, or even butterscotch chips if you wish!
- Drop cookie dough by rounded tablespoons onto a baking sheet that has been lined with parchment paper or a Silpat baking mat.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until slight golden and set around the edges but still soft in the center. Don’t over bake, you want the cookies to be SOFT. They will continue baking as they cool on the baking sheet.
- Remove cookies from oven and let cool on baking sheet for a few minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack and cool completely.
- EAT and ENJOY!
How to Store
You don’t have to chill this cookie dough, but you can keep it in the fridge for up to 72 hours. Make sure the dough is wrapped tightly in plastic wrap or stored in an airtight container.
Store baked cookies in an airtight container on the counter for up to 4 days. To keep the cookies super soft, place a piece of bread in the container. The bread will get hard, but the cookies will stay soft. It’s magic!
You can freeze the cookie dough in balls for up to 3 months. When ready to bake, remove from the freezer and bake! Just add a few minutes to the baking time.
More Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipes
- Chocolate Lover’s Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Salted Malted Crispy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Sprinkle Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Salted Caramel Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Orange Chocolate Chip Cookies
Pudding Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (3.4 oz) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat and set aside.
- Using a mixer, beat together butter and sugars until creamy. Add in pudding mix, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop cookie dough by rounded tablespoons onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until slight golden and set around the edges. The centers should still be soft. Remove cookies from oven. You can sprinkle the cookies with flaky sea salt, if desired. Let the cookies cool on baking sheet for a few minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack and cool completely.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod