I am not a huge fan of shopping, especially during the holidays when the stores are packed with people. I do most of my shopping online. The one thing I miss is the smell of the roasted almonds from the little cart in the middle of the mall, you know the one I am talking about, right? I love that smell! I didn’t want to miss out on my favorite holiday smell, so I created my own cinnamon roasted almonds at home this year.
I don’t know why I haven’t made these before. They are so easy and the perfect holiday “perfume” for your house. They roast in the oven for about an hour-you can wrap presents, decorate the tree, hang the stockings, or just relax with your favorite holiday film while they roast. Don’t go too far though, they need to be stirred every once in awhile.
Give Cinnamon Roasted Almonds as a gift this year-package them in tissue paper or a little bag and tie them up with pretty ribbon. Almonds are good for you and make the perfect snack.
Cinnamon Roasted Almonds
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon cold water
- 2 cups whole almonds
- 3 Tablespoons white sugar
- 3 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat your oven to 250 degrees F. Beat the egg white and water until frothy with a whisk in a medium bowl. Add the almonds, and stir until well coated. Mix the sugars, salt, and cinnamon, and sprinkle over the nuts. Stir the nuts until they are well coated. Spread the almonds evenly on a baking sheet that has been lined with parchment paper or a Silpat.
- Roast the almonds for 1 hour, stirring every 20 minutes or so. Your house will smell amazing!
- Allow to cool, then store in airtight containers.
If you like these cinnamon almonds, you might also enjoy: