Coconut Lime Loaf Cake-this simple loaf cake is moist, tender, and will transport you to a tropical paradise! The coconut and lime flavors are a match made in heaven!
Today is Josh’s birthday and we are celebrating with balloons, party hats, and Coconut Lime Loaf Cake! Josh loves all things lime. He usually asks for Key Lime Pie or a Key Lime Tart for his birthday dessert, but this year we are celebrating with cake. Caleb wanted a cake so Josh picked his favorite Coconut Lime Pound Cake to make Caleb happy. He’s a good dad, he always puts his boys first…and I think everyone wins with this simple loaf cake, it is amazing! Everyone loves it!
I love making loaf cakes because they are super simple and very forgiving. I don’t have to make layers and I don’t have to worry about frosting the cake. This cake gets baked in a loaf pan and there is no frosting involved, just a simple lime glaze.
The cake is made with coconut milk, coconut oil, coconut extract, and coconut! The coconut game is strong! Don’t worry, we left room for some lime too. The cake has fresh lime juice, zest, and a lime glaze. The combo of coconut and lime is perfection!
After I get the batter in the pan, I sprinkle the cake with a little coconut. The coconut automatically gets toasted in the oven, creating a nice toasted coconut top! Drizzle with the lime glaze and you have one beautiful cake!
Cut the cake into thick slices and serve! The cake is moist, tender, and full of coconut and lime flavor. You will feel like you are on a tropical island after one bite!
This easy Coconut Lime Loaf cake is the perfect dessert for spring and summer! We hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
Coconut Lime Loaf Cake
- Prep Time
- 15 minutes
- Cook Time
- 1 hour
- Total Time
- 1 hour 15 minutes
- 1 loaf cake
For the cake:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons lime zest
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup coconut oil melted and cooled
- 2 large eggs slightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons sweetened flaked coconut, divided
For the lime glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray a 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and baking powder. In a small bowl, combine sugar and lime zest. Rub together with your fingers until fragrant. Whisk into the flour mixture. Set aside.
- In a separate medium bowl, combine the coconut milk, coconut oil, eggs, lime juice and coconut extract.
- Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Stir until combined. Stir in a 1/2 cup coconut. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle remaining 3 tablespoons of coconut over the loaf cake. Pound on the counter so the loaf cake is evenly set in the pan.
- Bake for 60 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. Place the loaf on a cooling rack and cool for 15 minutes. Loosen the sides of the loaf cake with a knife. Carefully remove loaf from pan. Let cool completely on wire rack.
- While the loaf cake is cooling, make the lime glaze. In a small bowl, whisk together powdered sugar and lime juice. Drizzle the glaze of the cooled loaf cake. Cut into slices and serve.