I am feeling a little better and have been able to bake a few things, but I am not 100% yet. I am slowly making my way back into the kitchen. Luckily, Josh has not lost his desire to cook, bake, and eat. He told me he had an idea for a new cookie for the blog-Coconut Lime Macaroons with White Chocolate. I told him to get busy! I wasn’t up for baking, but I sure wanted to taste his cookie creation.
Josh loves lime desserts. They are his absolute favorite. He loves the tart flavor. Coconut and lime are a match made in heaven, so I loved his idea of coconut lime macaroons. He added fresh lime juice and zest to the macaroons. When they were finished baking, he dipped the bottoms in white chocolate and drizzled the macaroon tops with chocolate.
When the cookies were finished, Josh brought me a cookie with a big grin on his face. He knew he did a good job:) The cookies were beautiful and delicious. I loved the lime, coconut, and white chocolate combination. I can’t wait for Josh to make them again. Coconut Lime Macaroons with White Chocolate get two thumbs up from me and I think you will enjoy them too.
Coconut Lime Macaroons with White Chocolate
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 large egg white
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3½ cups sweetened coconut
- 10 ounces white chocolate chopped
- 1. Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- 2. In a large bowl, stir together the sweetened condensed milk, lime juice, lime zest, egg white, vanilla extract, and salt. Stir until combined. Add in the coconut and mix well.
- 3. With a spoon, scoop up about 2 Tablespoons of the coconut mixture and form into mounds that have a slight peak at the top. Place on lined baking sheets, about two inches apart. Bake cookies one sheet at a time for 15 to 20 minutes, or until cookies are set and slightly golden brown.
- 4. Cool the cookies on the baking sheets for about 5 minutes. Remove with a spatula onto a cooling rack.
- 5. Melt chocolate in a microwave safe bowl. Make sure you keep stirring the chocolate every 20 seconds or so until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- 6. Lay out a large piece of wax paper. Dip the cookies into the chocolate-just so the bottoms are covered in chocolate. Set dipped cookies on the paper to dry. Drizzle macaroons with white chocolate and let dry completely.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
If you like these Coconut Lime Macaroons with White Chocolate, you might also like:
Toasted Coconut Lime Cookies from Two Peas and Their Pod
Cranberry Almond Coconut Macaroons from The Sophisticated Gourmet
Chewy Lime and Coconut Sugar Cookies from Two Peas and Their Pod
Lemon Coconut Macaroons from Alpineberry
The flavors in these macaroons just sound amazing together. Bravo, Josh!
sing it with me, maria–you put the lime in the coconut and eat ’em both up. 🙂
Good morning, did my comment from yesterday (afternoon? early evening?) get caught in a spam filter? It was just a comment, and there wasn’t any kind of spam or advertising in it. Also there wasn’t anything mean, and it was rated “G” too. 🙂 I actually made these macaroons yesterday and was going over some of my experience with it.
Ha! You are funny! It must have went to spam. I will look for it. 🙂 Thanks!
You sure do have yourself a keeper there…not only does he come with and execute a pretty amazing sounding cookie, but he brings them to you too! They look so yummy…can’t wait to give them a try!
Love the combo of lime and white chocolate!
These look so good. Well done, Josh!
I love macaroons, and the addition of lime sounds great!
Anytime I have made macaroons, i have whipped the egg white and folded it in, so that is how I made these and they came out great. Did you leave out this step in the recipe?
We used an egg white. See the recipe!
I made these and they were absolutely delicious! Next time I’m thinking of adding some tequila to make them margarita macaroons! So many possibilities…
My recap is here: https://aluminumfoiledkitchen.wordpress.com/2016/06/02/just-call-me-willy-wonka/
Glad you liked the macaroons!
hi its a nice blog post.. i would like to macaroons from a site called hitnat…they delivered sweets with excellent packaging and taste..
See More Comments