We got back from Seattle last night. We had a fabulous time at BlogHer Food. I will do a recap post, but I need some time for it all to soak in. I am exhausted, but in the best way. So today I have a fun little treat for you, Cookie Dough Pretzel Bites. I stuffed pretzels with eggless chocolate chip cookie dough and dipped them in chocolate. Oh yeah-and I added colorful sprinkles. These Cookie Dough Pretzel Bites are sweet, salty, and addicting!
If your kids are out of school for the summer and are complaining that they are bored, make Cookie Dough Pretzel Bites. They are easy and fun to make and will keep the kids occupied for a bit. Just don’t blame me for the sprinkles that will end up on the floor…or the sugar high:)
These little Cookie Dough Pretzel Bites are perfect for parties too! The sweet and salty combo is excellent and who doesn’t love cookie dough? You can always change up the sprinkle colors so they fit any occasion. I think I will make them for the 4th of July with white chocolate and red, white, and blue sprinkles!
Add a little fun into your day by making these Cookie Dough Pretzel Bites!
Cookie Dough Pretzel Bites
For the cookie dough:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
For the Pretzels:
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- Sprinkles if desired
- To make the cookie dough: in the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Mix in flour, powdered sugar, and salt. Slowly add milk and vanilla extract and beat until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Stir in the mini chocolate chips. Roll the cookie dough into little balls, about a teaspoon each. Sandwich between two pretzels and put on a plate or cookie sheet. Freeze the pretzel bites for 30 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate chips, using the microwave (30 second intervals) or a double boiler. Dip half of each pretzel sandwich into the chocolate. Sprinkle pretzel bites with sprinkles, if using. Return the tray to the freezer and chill until the chocolate sets. Store the Cookie Dough Pretzel Bites in the refrigerator until serving time.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
If you like these Cookie Dough Pretzel Bites, you might also like:
- Pretzel Rolo Blondie Bites from Cookies and Cups
- Brown Butter Cookie Dough Pretzel Bars from Willow Bird Baking
- Biscoff Pretzel Bites with White Chocolate from Two Peas and Their Pod
- Rolo Pretzels with Pretzel M&M’s from Two Peas and Their Pod
I made these for my coworker’s birthday today. They are delicious. I absolutely love the fact that I get the taste of chocolate chip cookie without turn on the oven. My coworker enjoyed her treat very much and she discovered you can eat these like oreos!! Thanks for sharing this recipe. 🙂
I suddenly feel like the worst mom ever – simply because I have not made these for my kids. They would absolutely LOVE them.
Thank you for this idea – can’t wait to make with the kiddies 🙂
The kiddies will love them! Have fun!
OMG, this is so unfair! I cannot resist cookie dough ANYTHING, least of all sweet and salty cookie dough somethings as adorable and irresistible as these. Love!!
I must make these – the combo of salty & sweet is the best! Thanks for sharing.
These are adorable and such a great idea! I can see these being a huge hit at any party!
everyone in the food blogging world has made these except me.
need to change that!
That sounds out of this world! I’m such a sucker for that salty sweet combo.
I am in love… The cookie dough pretzel bites are so delicious. I had to add a little more flour since my dough was a little loose. I loved them though. I will be making these again.
I want to make these for Friday and it’s Monday do you think I can keep them in the freezer till say Thursday night and they be ok?
I just made these for a party tonight and everyone LOVED them. They were all gone. Luckily I saved a few in my freezer : ) Looking forward to sharing the recipe.
I am glad they were a hit! And I am glad you saved a few for yourself! Enjoy!
I love this idea! They sound delicious and are so cute to serve at a party!
Is it supposed to be 1/2 c. flour or 1 & 1/2 c.? It’s so fluffy and soft I cannot roll it into balls.
It’s 1/2 cup flour. You can try chilling it first.
ive made this twice and the dough is super runny. I’m adding more flour, but it still isn’t rollable. Any suggestions?
See More Comments