We got back from Seattle last night. We had a fabulous time at BlogHer Food. I will do a recap post, but I need some time for it all to soak in. I am exhausted, but in the best way. So today I have a fun little treat for you, Cookie Dough Pretzel Bites. I stuffed pretzels with eggless chocolate chip cookie dough and dipped them in chocolate. Oh yeah-and I added colorful sprinkles. These Cookie Dough Pretzel Bites are sweet, salty, and addicting!
If your kids are out of school for the summer and are complaining that they are bored, make Cookie Dough Pretzel Bites. They are easy and fun to make and will keep the kids occupied for a bit. Just don’t blame me for the sprinkles that will end up on the floor…or the sugar high:)
These little Cookie Dough Pretzel Bites are perfect for parties too! The sweet and salty combo is excellent and who doesn’t love cookie dough? You can always change up the sprinkle colors so they fit any occasion. I think I will make them for the 4th of July with white chocolate and red, white, and blue sprinkles!
Add a little fun into your day by making these Cookie Dough Pretzel Bites!
Cookie Dough Pretzel Bites
For the cookie dough:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
For the Pretzels:
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- Sprinkles if desired
- To make the cookie dough: in the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Mix in flour, powdered sugar, and salt. Slowly add milk and vanilla extract and beat until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Stir in the mini chocolate chips. Roll the cookie dough into little balls, about a teaspoon each. Sandwich between two pretzels and put on a plate or cookie sheet. Freeze the pretzel bites for 30 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate chips, using the microwave (30 second intervals) or a double boiler. Dip half of each pretzel sandwich into the chocolate. Sprinkle pretzel bites with sprinkles, if using. Return the tray to the freezer and chill until the chocolate sets. Store the Cookie Dough Pretzel Bites in the refrigerator until serving time.
If you like these Cookie Dough Pretzel Bites, you might also like: