You only need 3 ingredients and a few minutes to make these delicious Rolo Pretzels, a favorite sweet and salty holiday treat!
If you are looking for an EASY treat, you are in the right place because these Rolo Pretzels are beyond easy! I think the hardest part is unwrapping all of the Rolo candies, ha!
We have a few family Christmas traditions: cinnamon rolls, lots of cookies, and Rolo Pretzels. They are a MUST make for Christmas. They are a great addition to any cookie platter or plate and everyone loves them!
The chocolate caramel candy melts onto a salty pretzel, creating a fun sweet and salty treat! Top with a M&M and you have a festive treat in a matter of minutes.
Rolo Pretzel Ingredients
You only need three ingredients to make Rolo Pretzels. I told you this recipe was easy! I like to make 40 Rolo pretzels but you can make fewer or more! Just make sure you have enough ingredients!
- Rolos-chocolate candies filled with caramel. You can find Rolos at almost any grocery store. Look in the candy aisle.
- Pretzels-you can use mini pretzels or small square pretzels. Both work well. If you need the recipe to be gluten-free, you can even use gluten-free pretzels.
- M&M’s-colorful M&M’s are the perfect topping for the Rolo pretzels.
How to Make Rolo Pretzels
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Unwrap the foil paper from the Rolos. This is a good job for the kids!
- Place the pretzels in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Place one Rolo on top of each pretzel.
- Carefully transfer the baking sheet to the oven and bake for 3 minutes or until the Rolo candies have just started to melt. Don’t go far! It doesn’t take the chocolate long to melt.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and gently press one M&M on top of each Rolo. If you want to make Rolo pretzel turtles, you can use a pecan.
- Let the Rolo pretzels set up until the chocolate is firm. If you want to hurry the process along you can put the baking sheet in the freezer.
- The Rolo pretzels will keep in an airtight container on the counter for one week.
Rolo Pretzel Variations
I like to top Rolo Pretzels with M&M’s. At Christmas time, I reach for red and green M&M’s, but feel free to mix up the colors for any holiday or celebration. You can also mix up the M&M flavors. Rolo pretzels are great with the following M&M’s candies:
- Peanut Butter
- Dark chocolate
If you don’t want to use M&M’s, you can top the Rolo pretzels with pecan halves. The Rolo pretzels will look like the classic turtle candy.
Rolo Pretzels are fun to make and eat. Kids and adults will go crazy for this sweet and salty treat. Add them to your holiday treat list NOW!
More Easy Christmas Treat Recipes:
- Oreo Balls
- Puppy Chow
- White Chocolate Peppermint Pretzels
- Chocolate Dipped Oreos
- Easy Graham Cracker Toffee
- Salted Caramel Pretzel Fudge
- 40 Mini Pretzels or Square Pretzels
- 40 Rolo candies
- 40 M&M's or pecans
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- Unwrap the foil paper from the Rolos. Place the pretzels in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Place one Rolo on top of each pretzel, making sure it’s in the center.
- Carefully transfer the baking sheet to the oven and bake for 3 minutes or until the Rolo candies have just started to melt. Keep an eye on them, you don’t want them to melt everywhere. It only takes a few minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and gently press one M&M or pecan on top of each Rolo. Let the Rolo pretzels set up until the chocolate is firm.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
can these be frozen?
We made this with square pretzels, Rolos, M&Ms, and pecans. They were so good. We are going to deliver them to our neighbors along with some cookies for the holidays. Perfect gift!
My boys love making these…and eating them too. We make them every year.
My favorite treat ever!!! I could eat hundreds of these. SO good, easy to make, and always a hit!! I’ve done it with Hershey kisses and mini peanut butter cups too but rolos are my favorite
Mine slid around a bit but super easy & taste great
Today we will be celebrating Veterans Day at our apartment complex. I will be serving these to honor them for their service! I am sure they will like them!
Great recipe but it seems like the temp might be a little too high. Our cashews and pecans sunk iimmediately. We waited several minutes and they were still too soft. So we took the pan outside to cool and that helped a lot.
I will likely try 300 or even 275 the next time.
Still a great recipe!! Thx!
Can you use the tiny twist pretzels instead of square?
Also couldn’t find rolos. But found caramello bars.
Would this work?
You can use twist pretzels. I’ve never tried Carmellos. They might ooze out too much? Let me know if you try it!
Easy recipe that’s fun to do with kids! Great for the holidays! I know my oven can run a little hot – so I did 300 for 3 minutes and they were perfect!
It’s important to do these at 300 degrees. Recipe has 350 in one place – that is too hot!
Temperature is supposed to be *250
I haven’t made these but I noticed that the write up says 350 degrees but the recipe is still 300 which threw one baker off and they melted too quickly. Just wanted to let you know. Can’t wait to try them!
Can the pretzel/rolo cookies be frozen? I’m baking for my granddaughters wedding in May using pastel m&ms. Thought these would add some color to the cookie table
So delicious! Simple recipe, easy to follow. It’s the perfect hands-on snack for you and the kids to make on a rainy day.
Glad you enjoyed them! Such a fun treat.
I so enjoy your family pictures, your clothing ideas and your wonderful recipes. I’ve made so many of them and received fantastic accolades. Wishing you and your beautiful family a very Merry and Blessed Christmas and New Year. Thank you for always being in my email!
Thank you for following and making our recipes.
See More Comments