Creamy Avocado Pasta
We had a few ripe avocados leftover after making our Guacamole Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and I didn’t want them to go to waste, so I made one of our favorite pasta dishes-Creamy Avocado Pasta. It may not be the prettiest pasta dish, but it might be the tastiest. Trust me on this one. If you are an avocado lover, you will go crazy for this pasta.
You can have this delicious pasta dish on your table in 15 minutes. All you have to do is cook your pasta (we use whole wheat spaghetti, but any pasta will work) and make the simple sauce. To make the sauce you combine avocado, garlic, fresh lime juice, cilantro, salt, and pepper in a food processor or blender and process until smooth. Mix the sauce with the hot pasta and you are good to go. I told you it was easy. The pasta is rich, thick, and creamy. I love that there is no butter or cream involved. The avocados create a smooth and creamy sauce without any help. This recipe is vegetarian, vegan, and can be gluten-free-if you use gluten-free pasta.
I could eat this pasta dish every night of the week. It is one of our “go to” meals when we are rushed, but still craving good home cooking. If you are looking for an easy healthy recipe that will wow your tastebuds, make this Creamy Avocado Pasta.
Creamy Avocado Pasta
This delicious Creamy Avocado Pasta can be on your table in 15 minutes. It is one of our “go to” meals.
Yield: Serves 2
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 6 ounces pasta, we used whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 large ripe Avocado, pitted and peel removed
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Bring water to a boil in a medium sized pot. Salt the water and add in your pasta, reduce heat to medium, and cook until Al Dente, about 8-10 minutes.
- While the pasta is cooking, make the sauce by placing the avocado, garlic, lime juice, cilantro, salt and pepper into a food processor or blender. Process until smooth and creamy.
- When pasta is done cooking, drain and place pasta into a large bowl. Add the sauce to the pasta and toss until pasta is well coated. Season with additional salt and pepper, if desired. Serve immediately.
Note: This pasta dish is best eaten the day it is made.
Adapted from Oh She GlowsAll images and text © .
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!