Josh’s brother is visiting us from California and we are having a great time. Caleb sure loves having his uncle around and I love having another person to feed:) The other day the guys wanted a snack so I whipped up a bowl of guacamole and made homemade baked tortilla chips. The guys were still hungry so I offered to make grilled cheese sandwiches. There was still some guacamole left so I asked them if they wanted a Guacamole Grilled Cheese Sandwich. I don’t know if they were crazy about the idea, but agreed to try it. Guacamole Grilled Cheese Sandwiches sounded good to me:)
I used crusty white bread to make the sandwiches. I spread a thick layer of guacamole on each slice of bread and topped it with cheddar cheese. I buttered the outside of the bread and grilled the sandwiches to perfection. The guys loved the sandwiches and so did I-Josh shared his sandwich with me:) I mean, really, what is not to love-bread, melted cheese, and creamy guacamole? The best grilled cheese sandwich I have ever had. Once you try a Guacamole Grilled Cheese Sandwich, your life will be changed forever. So get going and make yourself a sandwich, you all need to experience the best grilled cheese on the planet.
Guacamole Grilled Cheese Sandwich
To make the Guacamole:
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/2 small onion minced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 small jalapeño stems and seeds removed, minced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- A dash of freshly grated black pepper
- 1 Roma tomato chopped
For the Grilled Cheese:
- 4 slices crusty white bread
- 4 slices Cheddar cheese
- Butter for buttering bread
- To make the guacamole-cut avocados in half. Remove seed. Scoop out avacado from the peel, put in a large bowl. Using a fork, mash the avocado. Add the onion, garlic, jalapeño, cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper. Stir until well combined. Add the chopped tomato and stir.
- Heat a pan or griddle to medium-high heat. Spread desired amount of guacamole on both slices of bread then top with cheese. Butter outer slices of bread and grill on one side for about 2 minutes or until golden and crispy. Flip the sandwich and grill until golden brown. Make the other sandwich the same way and serve warm.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
If you like this Guacamole Grilled Cheese, you might also like:
- Jalapeño Popper Grilled Cheese from Simply Scratch
- Green Goddess Grilled Cheese from Panini Happy
- Caprese Grilled Cheese from Closet Cooking
Wow! looks delicious. I would try making this Guacamole Grilled Cheese Sandwich for sure! I found your post from Pinterest! I’m also gonna pin this post on my Pinterest board my followers will love it. Thanks for sharing guys!
How does this not have more comments!! This website was the top result when I googled “guacamole grilled cheese”. I’m visiting this from in July 2020 because it was my latest quarantine creation and I wanted to see if it existed, if my idea was truly original. This article has been here for 8 years. Only I make my grilled cheeses with mayonnaise instead of butter! And I put some pickles inside too!
Delicious! I didn’t have any bread, so I used a tortilla. Can’t wait to try it out with bread too!
amazing taste amazing chesse is soo good with guacomle and i hate chesse wower yummm thanks
See More Comments