Creamy Basil Polenta with Roasted Tomatoes, a great way to use up the garden tomatoes and basil! Plus, enter to win a fun giveaway!
There is nothing better than fresh garden tomatoes and basil, especially when you put them together. They are a match made in heaven. Our garden is producing tomatoes and basil like crazy so I am I trying to use them in every way I can. My new favorite way to enjoy our garden tomatoes and basil is in this Creamy Basil Polenta with Roasted Tomatoes recipe.
For our third Kitchen Conversations, it’s all about simple back-to-school meals, and this recipe definitely fits the bill. While Caleb may not be heading to school this fall, I know it’s a struggle for any family to get dinner on the table during the busy weeknights. With this recipe, we had dinner on the table in under 30 minutes and it sure was tasty! Creamy Basil Polenta with Roasted Tomatoes is going to be a regular meal at our house. Plus, it’s a great way to use up the end of the summer tomatoes and basil!
This recipe is as simple as can be. I’m always looking for quick easy and weeknight recipes, and this is one of them! You only need a few ingredients to make this tasty meal: polenta, Land O Lakes® Butter, Parmesan cheese, milk, basil, grape tomatoes, garlic and a little olive oil.
We used instant polenta to keep the recipe quick and easy. When dinner time rolls around, we are always looking for simple recipes that we can get on the table in a hurry. We added a Half Stick of Land O Lakes butter to add creaminess to the polenta. One half stick was the perfect amount!
We also added milk, parmesan cheese, and freshly chopped basil to the polenta.
We roasted grape tomatoes with garlic and olive oil in the oven. They only took 20 minutes to roast and made our house smell amazing!
We spooned the polenta into bowls and added the roasted tomatoes. We sprinkled on a little extra parmesan cheese for presentation and for extra cheesiness!
When I went to Chicago with Land O Lakes, we had a Kitchen Conversation about simple back to school meals at BlogHer and this recipe definitely fits the bill. We had dinner on the table in under 30 minutes and it sure was tasty! Creamy Basil Polenta with Roasted Tomatoes is going to be a regular meal at our house. Plus, it’s a great way to use up the end of the summer tomatoes and basil!
Looking for a quick and easy meal for back to school, or anytime, make Creamy Basil Polenta with Roasted Tomatoes. Oh, and this recipe is Caleb approved. He devoured his bowl!
We also have a fun Land giveaway for you today! The giveaway includes Land O’ Lakes Butter, a Le Creuset Two-in-One Pan, a serving bowl and butter dish from Anthropologie, a cheese grater, and wooden serving set. Use the PromoSimple Widget below to enter!
Creamy Basil Polenta with Roasted Tomatoes
Creamy polenta with butter, parmesan cheese, and basil. Top with roasted tomatoes for a simple and delicious meal!
- Prep Time
- 5 minutes
- Cook Time
- 20 minutes
- Total Time
- 25 minutes
- For the roasted tomatoes:
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- For the polenta:
- 1 9 oz. package instant polenta
- 4 tablespoons of butter 1 Land O Lakes half stick
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped basil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Place the tomatoes and garlic cloves on a large baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and toss until tomatoes are well coated. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Place in the oven and roast for 20 minutes.
- 2. While the tomatoes are roasting, make the polenta. Make polenta according to package instructions. Stir in butter, milk, parmesan cheese, and basil. Season with salt and pepper.
- 3. Serve immediately so the instant polenta doesn't firm up. Pour the polenta into individual bowls and top with roasted tomatoes.
- Note-If the polenta firms up, just add more water or milk and stir. We ate leftovers the next day. I just added a little water before heating it up in the microwave and it was creamy and delicious!
Disclosure-this post is in partnership with Land O’ Lakes for their Kitchen Conversations blogger program, but our opinions are our own. We love Land O Lakes butter!