Creamy Roasted Cauliflower Chowder
Creamy Roasted Cauliflower Chowder Recipe-this healthy and hearty chowder is perfect for a cold day!
We have been getting lots of snow this winter, which is great for the drought, ski season, and soup days. I love warming up to a bowl of comforting soup on a cold day. Ok, on really cold and snowy days, I don’t leave the house, I stay inside where it is warm and toasty, but I still appreciate a bowl of hot soup.
We are currently loving this Creamy Roasted Cauliflower Chowder. It is the perfect meal for winter!
Josh, unlike me, loves to get outside when there is a big snowstorm. He hits the ski slopes as often as possible. When he gets home, he is ready for warm, comfort food…and this chowder always hits the spot!
To make the chowder, we use roasted cauliflower instead of potatoes. Roasting the cauliflower adds a ton of flavor and keeps the chowder a little lighter.
We also use Almond Breeze Almondmilk Unsweetened Original to make the chowder super creamy. No cream is needed for this chowder, but you will never know it!
I do add a little shredded cheese because it is comfort food:)
We like to serve the cauliflower chowder with crusty bread or crackers. Mmmm! I am ready for a bowl right now! Are you with me? I bet you will even want seconds!
Stay warm this winter with Creamy Roasted Cauliflower Chowder! It is sure to keep you warm and cozy!
If you like this Creamy Roasted Cauliflower Chowder, you might also like:
- Roasted Cauliflower and Chickpea Tacos
- Roasted Cauliflower Grilled Cheese
- Cauliflower Bolognese
- Cauliflower Lentil Sloppy Joes
Creamy Roasted Cauliflower Chowder
This creamy and comforting chowder is perfect for a chilly day.
Yield: Serves 6
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 1 large head of cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour (can use gluten-free flour)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans vegetable broth (low sodium is fine)
- 1 1/4 cups Almond Breeze Almondmilk Unsweetened Original
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (we used white cheddar)
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place chopped cauliflower and garlic cloves on a large baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and toss until well coated. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Place pan in the oven and roast for 20-25 minutes or until cauliflower is tender, stirring once. Remove from oven and set aside.
- In a large pot, melt butter over medium high heat. Add the onion and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add carrots and celery and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Finely chop the roasted garlic cloves. Add the garlic, roasted cauliflower, bay leaf, and dried thyme to the pot. Sprinkle flour over vegetables and stir. Cook until flour disappears.
- Pour in the vegetable broth and stir. Simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in the milk and shredded cheese. Stir until cheese is melted and chowder is creamy. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Ladle chowder into bowls and serve warm.
Note-if you want the recipe to be gluten-free, use gluten-free flour.
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!
Disclosure: this post is sponsored by Blue Diamond Almond Breeze Almondmilk, but our opinions are our own.
Products Used in this Recipe:
(may include affiliate links)