Crispy Mexican Tortilla Pizza – this easy tortilla pizza only takes 15 minutes to make! Topped with good-for-you ingredients, Mexican pizza is an easy family favorite!
Mexican + Pizza = Mexican Pizza
My boys love pizza and Mexican food so it isn’t a surprise that one of their favorite meals is this Crispy Tortilla Mexican Pizza. They probably eat this Mexican pizza once a week and I am ok with that because it is super easy to make and topped with good-for-you ingredients! And when I say easy, I mean 15 minutes easy…you can’t beat that!
The Tortilla Pizza Crust
The crust of the tortilla pizza is, you guessed it, a flour tortilla! You don’t have to roll out any pizza dough for this Mexican pizza. See, I told you it was easy! We like to use Old El Paso’s Restaurant Grande Flour Tortillas because they are huge and great for making this Mexican pizza. You can make smaller Mexican tortilla pizzas by using regular flour tortillas. Both work great!
How to Make Mexican Pizza
We crisp up the tortillas in the oven and then top them with Old El Paso’s Vegetarian Refried Beans, salsa, and shredded cheese. They go back in the oven for a hot minute, just until the cheese is melted, and then we top them with all of our favorite toppings. We like to add tomatoes, black olives, avocado, cilantro, and green onion. Feel free to add your favorite Mexican toppings!
Cut the tortilla pizza into slices and serve immediately! The pizza is crispy and delicious!
Make Crispy Mexican Tortilla Pizza for dinner tonight! Everyone needs a 15-minute meal in their back pocket!
Crispy Mexican Tortilla Pizza
- Old El Paso Flour Tortillas 1 restaurant grande tortilla or 2 regular tortillas
- 1/2 cup Old El Paso Vegetarian Refried Beans
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 cup shredded Mexican or Cheddar cheese
- 1 avocado pit removed and chopped
- 1 to mato chopped
- 2 green onions sliced
- 1/3 cup sliced black olives
- 3 tablespoons freshly chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place tortillas on a large baking sheet. Poke the tortillas with a fork, this will prevent them from puffing up in the oven. Bake tortillas for 3-4 minutes or until slightly golden brown. Remove from oven.
- Evenly spread tortillas with refried beans. Next, evenly spread on the salsa and top with shredded cheese. Bake for 4-5 minutes or until cheese is melted and edges are golden and crisp.
- Transfer the tortillas to a cutting board and let cool for 1 minute. Top with avocado, tomatoes, green onion, black olives, and cilantro. Cut into slices and serve immediately.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
This post is sponsored by Old El Paso, but our opinions are our own. Thank you for supporting the brands that continue to make Two Peas and Their Pod possible.