Homemade restaurant style salsa that will MAKE you eat an entire bag of chips. This salsa recipe makes smooth, fresh salsa with the perfect amount of cilantro and lime and just the right amount of kick.
Easy Blender Salsa
We are huge chips and salsa fans and fresh homemade salsa is the BEST! I promise it is MUCH better than store bought and don’t worry, it’s super easy to make! You only need a few ingredients and 10 minutes to make this Restaurant Style Salsa. You will be chipping and dipping in no time!
I love this salsa because it is made in the blender (a food processor works too). You add all of the ingredients and blend it up! The salsa will remind you of your favorite restaurant salsa, but better! Homemade is always best, especially when it’s so easy!
How to Make Restaurant Style Salsa
- For this salsa recipe, you need canned whole tomatoes AND canned Rotel tomatoes with green chiles. The green chiles add great flavor without being spicy. I love this salsa recipe because it uses canned tomatoes, making it a good salsa to make all-year round!
- Add a pinch of sugar to cut the acidity of the tomatoes. If you are avoiding added sugars, you can leave it out and it will still be good.
- I use a whole jalapeño, but remove the seeds. Most of the heat comes from the seeds. If you want a super mild salsa, you can use half of a jalapeño or leave it completely out.
- Fresh cilantro and fresh lime juice really brighten up the salsa!
- In a blender or food processor, add tomatoes, onion, jalapeño, garlic, cilantro, sugar (if using), cumin, salt and lime.
- Pulse until desired consistency is reached. If you want a chunky salsa, just pulse it a few times. If you want a smooth salsa, let the blender run for about 30 seconds.
- Taste and season with salt, if necessary.
- You can serve right away or refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to let the flavors come to life.
How to Store
I love this salsa because you can store it in a jar or container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. Ours usually doesn’t last that long though:)
You can freeze the salsa, but I think fresh is best! When you freeze it, it will get a little watery. Drain off excess water and then enjoy. You can freeze it for up to one month.
We love starting any Mexican meal with chips and salsa. We also like topping any and all Mexican food with this easy blender salsa. It is the perfect addition to any Mexican recipe.
This recipe makes a bit batch of salsa so be prepared to share! It is the perfect salsa to serve at parties.
More Salsa Recipes
Restaurant Style Salsa
- 28 ounces whole tomatoes with juice (canned)
- 20 ounces Rotel diced tomatoes and green chiles
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 whole jalapeño, quartered and sliced thin, seeds removed
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, more to taste
- 1/2 whole lime, juiced
- In a large food processor or blender, combine whole tomatoes, Rotel tomatoes, onion, jalapeno, garlic, sugar, salt, cumin, lime juice, and cilantro. Pulse until you get the salsa to the consistency you’d like. Taste and adjust seasonings, if necessary.
- Refrigerate salsa and serve with tortilla chips.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod