Dark Chocolate Chunk, Pistachio, and Sea Salt Cookies-these cookies are always a good idea!
My December “to do” list is very long, but I am ignoring it. I haven’t been in a productive mood. I’ve been hiding my list so I can stay in my pajamas all day, watch holiday movies with Caleb, read my book, and BAKE! I may not have any Christmas shopping done and our halls are not decked, but I do have cookies! I made Dark Chocolate Chunk, Pistachio, and Sea Salt Cookies and they are divine! That counts for something right?
Cookies are my favorite part of December! I love baking old favorites and creating new recipes.
These Dark Chocolate Chunk, Pistachio, and Sea Salt Cookies are a new favorite. I love dark chocolate and pistachio together and they taste even better in cookie form!
I used Gold Medal All-Purpose Flour to bake these cookies. It is my favorite all-around flour and makes the best cookies! Our kitchen is stocked to the max with Gold Medal Flour. It is a staple for holiday baking. I always pick up extra bags in December because I don’t want to have to run to the store in the middle of a recipe. Remember, I like to live in my pj’s all day and I hate going out in the cold and snow.
If you are feeling lazy like me this month, make sure you buy shelled pistachios. Otherwise, you are going to be spending your day shelling pistachios. I guess that wouldn’t be a bad thing if you have a holiday movie to watch. Another reason to not be productive:)
These cookies are perfect! The edges are crisp and the centers are soft and chewy. The pistachios, dark chocolate chunks, and sea salt make the buttery cookies irresistible. The pistachios also add a festive pop of color which makes them the perfect holiday cookie!
Ignore your “to do” list and bake Dark Chocolate Chunk, Pistachio, and Sea Salt Cookies. And if you are in the zone and not willing to ignore your list, just add Bake Dark Chocolate Chunk Pistachio, and Sea Salt Cookies to the top of your list. Then you can feel accomplished. Either way, enjoy some cookies! Happy baking!
Dark Chocolate Chunk, Pistachio, and Sea Salt Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chopped pistachios shells removed
- 1 cup chopped dark chocolate
- Sea salt for sprinkling on cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with a Silpat baking mat or parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Set aside.
- Using a mixer, cream butter and sugars together until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla and beat for an additional 2 minutes.
- With the mixer on low, slowly add in the dry ingredients. Mix until just incorporated.
- Stir in the pistachios and chocolate chunks. Using a spoon or cookie scoop, form tablespoons size balls of cookie dough. Place balls on prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart. Sprinkle cookie dough balls with sea salt. Bake cookies for 12 minutes, or until lightly browned around the edges. Let cookies sit on baking sheet for 2 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire cooling rack and cool completely. Store in an air-tight container for up to 4 days.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
Disclosure-this recipe is in partnership with Gold Medal Flour, but our opinions are our own.