Dark Chocolate Pudding made with a secret ingredient…avocado! This pudding is so creamy and divine you will never know it is healthy!
It’s Friday and we all need a treat! Today we are sharing a recipe for Dark Chocolate Pudding. This isn’t any old pudding recipe. It is special because it has a secret ingredient. The pudding is made with avocado!
I am an avocado fanatic so I love anything and everything with avocado. I was super excited to try this recipe. If you think avocado in dessert form sounds weird, don’t turn up your nose on this one. I promise, this decadent chocolate pudding will change your mind. You won’t even know there is avocado involved. I probably shouldn’t have told you, but if you are going to make it, you would obviously see avocado listed in the recipe. I can’t hide anything from you guys:)
This amazing recipe comes from The Blender Girl Cookbook by Tess Masters. I met Tess last year at a blogging event in California and we instantly became best friends. I just love her! She is one of the nicest and most genuine people I know…and she is beyond talented. Tess is hilarious, inspiring, and knows her way around the kitchen.
I am soooooo excited for Tess and her new cookbook! The Blender Girl Cookbook features 100 gluten-free, vegan recipes that are not only healthy, but delicious too! Tess knows how to make healthy taste good. I promise, you will never know you are eating healthy because you won’t feel deprived at all. Healthy has never tasted so good!
Tess’s Dark Chocolate Pudding was a hit at our house! It was super easy to make. There is no cooking involved, you just put all of the ingredients in the blender and blend away! The avocado makes the pudding extra creamy, but you won’t even know it’s there because the pudding is so rich and chocolaty!
Caleb gave the Dark Chocolate Pudding two thumbs up! He had chocolate all over his face and a big smile! We will be making this pudding again and again!
And now for a fun giveaway! Enter to win a copy of The Blender Girl Cookbook! Use the PromoSimple Widget to enter! Good Luck!
Dark Chocolate Pudding
Deep dark chocolate pudding that is made with a secret ingredient...avocados!
- Prep Time
- 10 minutes
- Total Time
- 3 hours 10 minutes
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 ripe avocados peeled and pitted
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract I didn't add this
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- Raspberries for garnish
1. Put the almond milk, avocados, cocoa, maple syrup, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and salt into your blender and puree on high for 30 to 60 seconds, until smooth and creamy. You may need to stop and scrape down the sides with a spatula.
2. Transfer the pudding to glasses, ramekins, or jars and chill in the fridge for at least 3 hours.
3. To serve, top each pudding with fresh raspberries.
Note-the pudding works best with ripe avocados that don't have any brown discolorations. The pudding is best the day it's made, as the avocados will oxidize and the flavors will change over time.
Disclosure- Ten Speed Press is providing the cookbook giveaway to our readers, our opinions are our own.