Dark Chocolate Raspberry Cookies-chocolate cookies dotted with dark chocolate chips and raspberries. The chocolate and raspberry combo is divine!
I didn’t post a single dessert recipe in January, not even a cookie recipe. WHAT? I know, crazy! I was trying to be kind to the new year’s resolution goers. Don’t be fooled though, I may have not posted any desserts for a month, but I was still eating them. Thank goodness for our cookie stash in the freezer! 🙂
Well, it is February so I am bringing back the desserts in full force. Valentine’s Day is right around the corner and that means you NEED chocolate! Specifically, you NEED these Dark Chocolate Raspberry Cookies. They are divine!
Chocolate and raspberry are a match made in heaven. I love chocolate and raspberry desserts. A few favorites include: Raspberry Truffle Brownies, Raspberry Chocolate Bread Pudding, and Raspberry Dark Chocolate Frozen Yogurt. I’ve never made a chocolate raspberry cookie though. Crazy, since I have a serious cookie obsession. We have about 200 other cookie recipes on our site so I don’t know why it took me so long to make a chocolate raspberry cookie. I am so glad I did because the results were amazing!
I made a chocolate cookie dough and added in dark chocolate chips and frozen raspberries. I used frozen raspberries so they would hold up in the cookie. When I was rolling the cookie dough balls, some of the raspberries still juiced out and I was worried I was going to have a cookie disaster, but they baked up perfectly!
Make sure you stir the raspberries in gently and if they do start to juice out a little, it’s ok. Go ahead and form the cookie dough balls and put them in the freezer for about 15 minutes before baking.
The cookies are rich, chocolaty, with a pop of sweet raspberry! They turned out even better than expected. I LOVE these cookies!
If you are looking for a special sweet treat to make your Valentine this year, I highly recommend these Dark Chocolate Raspberry Cookies.
And if you did take a month off from desserts and are looking for a special recipe to get your sugar fix, make these cookies. You will enjoy every single bite! They are SO worth it!
Dark Chocolate Raspberry Cookies
- Prep Time
- 15 minutes
- 18 cookies
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup Dutch processed cocoa plus 2 tablespoons
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- Sea salt for sprinkling on cookies, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or Silpat baking mat or parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, sea salt, and cocoa. Set aside.
- With a mixer, cream butter and sugars together until smooth. Add in the egg and vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- Gradually add flour mixture and beat until just combined. Gently stir in the chocolate chips and frozen raspberries. Try not to smash the raspberries. Some will fall apart and that is ok. Scoop the dough into rounded tablespoons and place on prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart. If the raspberries squish out a bit, try to place the chocolate dough over them. If some raspberries are peaking out, that is fine. Sprinkle each cookie with sea salt, if desired.
- Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes, or until cookies are set, but still soft in the center. Don't overbake. Remove from oven and let sit on baking sheet for 3 minutes. Move to a cooling rack and cool completely.
- Note-if the cookie dough balls get too soft and juicy because of the raspberries, stick them in the freezer for 15 minutes before baking. This will keep the raspberries from oozing out. Again, try to cover them with the chocolate dough as best as you can.
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!