Easy Cheese Ball-this simple and delicious cheese ball recipe is a favorite Appetizer during the holiday season. It is easy to make and great served with crackers or cut up vegetables.
Cheese Ball Recipe
Cheese balls. I don’t know who came up with them, but I am glad they did. I will be honest, when I was little, I was kind of frightened by cheese balls. I wasn’t sure what was in them and wasn’t sure I wanted to try them. I thought they were something only old people ate…ha! But once I tried them, I was hooked for life, even as a youngster. I have been making this Easy Cheese Ball since my high school days and it is my favorite! It is the BEST cheese ball recipe!
Best Cheese Ball for Parties
It isn’t a holiday party until someone brings out the cheese ball. This is the perfect food to get the party started! I love this Cheese Ball recipe because it is so easy! You can whip it up in minutes, which makes it great for the busy holiday season. It is my go to party appetizer when I am short on time. Everyone loves a classic cheese ball and this one is the BEST!
Cheese Ball Ingredients
The cheese ball ingredients are super simple, but taste so good together, all rolled up in a little ball. For this cheese ball recipe, I use the following ingredients.
- cream cheese
- shredded white sharp cheddar cheese
- garlic powder
- Worcestershire sauce
- green onions
- a little dash of hot sauce
- chopped pecans
How to Make a Cheese Ball
To make the cheese ball, make sure you use cream cheese that is softened. If you take it straight from the refrigerator it will be hard to work with. I like to use my stand mixer to beat the softened cream cheese until it is smooth.
Next, add the shredded cheddar cheese and mix until combined. I like to use white sharp cheddar cheese, it is so good! Then, add the garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce, green onions, and a little dash of hot sauce. Mix until well combined. Place the cheese mixture onto a piece of plastic wrap. Wrap tightly and form into a ball. Chill the cheese ball for at least one hour.
When ready to serve, remove the cheese ball from the refrigerator and roll in the chopped pecans. The pecans make the cheese ball pretty to serve and add a nice texture. If you don’t want to use chopped pecans, you can use chopped walnuts, chopped or sliced almonds, chopped pistachios, chopped pretzels, or even chopped bacon.
You can store the cheese ball in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks, so you can make this cheese ball in advance, making it a great party appetizer. You can get it done and out of the way before your guests arrive. Serve the cheese ball with crackers, bread, or cut up veggies! This Easy Cheese Ball is always a hit at parties. Make it for Christmas, New Years, or any party! Your friends and family are going to love it.
If you like this easy cheese ball recipe, check out:
- Caramelized Onion Dip
- Bacon Cheddar Pretzel Cheese Ball
- Pomegranate Guacamole
- Brie, Apple, Honey Crostini
Easy Cheese Ball
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups shredded white sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
- 2 green onions, sliced
- A few dashes of hot sauce
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- Crackers, cut up vegetables, or baguette slices, for serving
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the cheddar cheese and mix until just combined. Add the garlic powder, worcestershire sauce, green onions, and hot sauce. Mix until well combined combined.
- Spoon cheese mixture onto a large sheet of plastic wrap and form into a ball. Wrap cheese ball in plastic wrap and chill for at least one hour.
- When ready to serve, remove the cheese ball from the refrigerator. Place chopped pecans on a plate. Unwrap cheese ball and gently roll in pecans, coating well. Place on a serving plate and serve with crackers, cut up vegetables, or baguette slices.
- Note-the cheese ball will keep in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. If you are going to keep it in the fridge for that long, I would wait to add the pecans until ready to serve so they don’t get soggy.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod