Spinach Artichoke Dip– This cheesy spinach artichoke dip is made with spinach, artichoke hearts, and 4 types of cheese. Bake until the cheese is melty and golden brown and serve with bread, crackers, chips, or vegetables. all baked to golden brown perfection. This classic dip is a party favorite!
Everyone LOVES this easy appetizer and it’s perfect for any occasion. Serve it at Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, game day, or ANY day. It’s a CLASSIC!
I love this homemade spinach artichoke dip because it is easy to make and tastes better than any dip you can get at a restaurant.
The secret? I use FOUR types of cheese (cream cheese, fontina, mozzarella, and Parmesan) so the dip is super creamy and cheesy!
Bake until the cheese is nice and melty and golden brown on top. Serve warm or at room temperature with bread, crackers, chips, or veggies!
This dip is always the first to go at every party. It’s the BEST!
Table of Contents
- Cream cheese– make sure it is at room temperature before you get started.
- Plain Greek Yogurt (or sour cream)- I like to use plain Greek yogurt, but you can use sour cream. You can also do a mixture of sour cream and mayonnaise. Use ¼ cup sour cream and ¼ cup mayonnaise.
- Spinach– I like to use frozen spinach because it is so convenient. Thaw the spinach and wring it out really well to remove all of the water. You want to make sure there is no liquid left. You don’t want the dip to be watery.
- Artichoke hearts– You can use marinated artichoke hearts or canned artichoke hearts. Drain them well and blot with a paper towel.
- Cheese– I like to use a mix of shredded fontina, mozzarella, and Parmesan cheese. Fontina is super melty and delicious, but if you can’t find it, you can just use mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Basil– fresh basil is the best and really makes the dip pop!
- Crushed red pepper flakes– for a little kick.
How to Make Spinach Artichoke Dip
(see full recipe below)
- Preheat the oven and grease a 10-inch skillet or 8×8-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Using a stand mixer or hand mixer to beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the Greek yogurt (you can use sour cream or mayonnaise) and beat until smooth.
- Add the spinach, artichoke hearts, 3 kinds of cheese, basil, crushed red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Mix until combined.
- Spread the mixture into the prepared pan. Top with more cheese!
- Bake until the cheese is melted and the top is golden brown.
Serve the dip warm or at room temperature with any of the following items.
- Toasted baguette slices, crusty bread, or even garlic bread
- Pita bread or pita chips
- Cut up vegetables
- Potato chips or tortilla chips
I think the dip is perfect as is, but if you want to jazz it up, here are some ideas.
- Add cooked crumbled bacon or pancetta to the dip. You can also add a little cooked Italian sausage.
- Add extra veggies. Roasted red peppers, sautéed mushrooms, or caramelized onions are all good options.
- Punch up the flavor by adding chopped olives, chopped sun-dried tomatoes, or roasted garlic.
- Top the dip with a panko or bread crumb topping.
- Top with toasted pine nuts.
How to Store & Reheat
Store: You can store leftover dip in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Reheat: You can reheat the dip in the oven at 350 degrees F for 20 to 25 minutes or until heated through. You can also microwave smaller portions at 30 second intervals until warm.
Yes! If you prefer fresh spinach, steam or sauté the spinach until wilted. Let cool, then squeeze out all the excess water. Coarsely chop up the spinach before adding it to the dip.
Yes! You can assemble the dip up to 8 hours before serving. Keep it tightly covered in the fridge until you’re ready to bake and serve.
I don’t recommend freezing this dip because the dairy products will separate after thawing and the dip will be too watery.
More Appetizer Recipes
Spinach Artichoke Dip
- 8 oz package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt*
- 8 oz frozen spinach, thawed and water squeezed out
- 14 oz artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 cup shredded fontina cheese, divided
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- Dash of crushed red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 10-inch skillet or 8×8-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Using a stand mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the Greek yogurt (see note if you want to use sour cream or mayonnaise) and beat until smooth.
- Stir in the spinach, artichoke hearts, ¾ cup fontina cheese, ¾ cup mozzarella cheese, and ½ cup Parmesan cheese, basil, crushed red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Stir until combined.
- Spread the mixture into the prepared pan. Top with remaining fontina, mozzarella, and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the top is golden brown.
- Serve the dip warm with toasted baguette slices.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod