Easy Cinnamon Roll Knots-these quick and easy cinnamon roll knots are made with pre-made pizza dough and taste just like cinnamon rolls. They are a family favorite!
We love making garlic knots and the last time we made them I got the idea to make a sweet version. You know me, always thinking about sweets:) I decided a cinnamon roll version was the way to go.
My dad makes the BEST homemade cinnamon rolls, but I don’t always have time to make them. These Easy Cinnamon Roll Knots are great for when you are craving cinnamon rolls, but are short on time…or just feeling lazy:)
Don’t be fooled, these Cinnamon Roll Knots look impressive, but let me tell you a little secret. They are made with pre-made pizza dough! They are SO easy and taste just like cinnamon rolls…but without all of the work! You can enjoy a gooey, warm cinnamon roll knot in a little over 30 minutes! YES!
I like to use store bought pizza dough or homemade pizza dough that I’ve made and put in the freezer. I just pull it out to thaw before using. Once you have your pizza dough ready, the fun begins!
Roll out the pizza dough and spread it with a layer of softened butter. Sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon sugar on top! Fold the dough in half, cut into strips, and tie into knots! Brush each knot with melted butter and sprinkle with additional cinnamon and sugar. Bake until golden and drizzle with a sweet cream cheese glaze!
The knots are soft, sweet, and irresistible! I can never stop at one. They are TOO good! I am such a sucker for all things cinnamon!
If you like cinnamon rolls, you are going to LOVE these Easy Cinnamon Roll Knots. They are perfect for breakfast or dessert. We like to make them when we have company because everyone loves them and they are quick and easy! No fuss, but no one will ever know! They would make a great holiday breakfast treat! Add them to your menu today! Enjoy!
Easy Cinnamon Roll Knots
For the Knots:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with a Silpat baking mat or parchment paper and set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pizza dough into a rectangle. Spread two tablespoons of the soft butter onto the pizza dough. Sprinkle with brown sugar. In a small bowl, combine granulated sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture over the brown sugar. Reserve about 2 teaspoons for the top of the knots.
- Fold the pizza dough in half. Cut the dough into 12 equal strips. Tie each strip into a knot-over, under, and through. Place each knot 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet.
- Melt the remaining tablespoon of butter. Brush each knot with butter and sprinkle with the remaining cinnamon sugar mixture. Place the pan in the oven and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until knots are golden brown. The cinnamon sugar mixture might get gooey in the oven and that is ok. Remove pan from oven and let knots cool to room temperature.
- While the knots are cooling, make the cream cheese glaze. In a medium bowl, whisk together the butter and cream cheese. Whisk in the powdered sugar and add the milk and vanilla extract. Whisk until the glaze is smooth. Drizzle glaze over the cooled cinnamon roll knots and serve!
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!