Honey Butter-you only need two ingredients and five minutes to make this light and fluffy homemade honey butter!
Bread and butter, the perfect pair. An every day classic. I mean, what would life be without bread and butter?
And just when you think butter can’t get any better, you try my Easy Honey Butter and fall madly in love. You love it so much that you put it on anything and everything. You might even eat it by the spoonful. What? That isn’t so strange. I am sure you ate plain butter as a kid so why not indulge in a little honey butter as an adult? 🙂
How To Make Honey Butter
You only need two ingredients and five minutes to make homemade honey butter.
- I use salted butter. If you don’t have salted butter, you can use unsalted butter and add sea salt. Salt is a MUST for bringing out the best flavor. I sometimes even add a little sea salt to the salted butter, it just depends on the brand of butter I am using. Taste and decide how much salt you want to add.
- Make sure your butter is soft. Then, beat the butter using a stand mixer or hand mixer for about one minute or until the butter is light and fluffy.
- Beat in the honey until combined and scrape the butter into a jar or container.
- The butter will keep covered in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Bring the butter to room temperature before serving. I like to drizzle a little extra honey over the top before serving.
We like to serve honey butter with:
Whip up homemade honey butter and your life will be changed. It is SO simple and SO good!
- Total Time
- 5 minutes
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup salted butter softened
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Sea salt if desired
Place the butter in the bowl of a stand mixer. Beat for one minute or until the butter is smooth and creamy. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula. Add in the honey and beat again until combined. Taste, add a little sea salt if the butter isn't salty enough for you.
Place the butter in a jar or container. The butter will keep in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Bring to room temperature before serving. I like to drizzle a little extra honey on top before serving.
Note-if you don't have a stand mixer, you can use a hand mixer. If you use unsalted butter, make sure you salt the butter with sea salt. The salt is a must!