Pumpkin French Toast-thick slices of bread dipped in a pumpkin spice mixture, cooked in butter, and drizzled with pure maple syrup.
My boys requested French toast for breakfast on Sunday morning. I was ok with their request, but I was in the mood for something fall so I made Pumpkin French Toast. I tend to go pumpkin crazy every fall so I was worried they would roll their eyes and object, but they actually loved the idea of Pumpkin French Toast, especially after they tasted it.
French toast is my favorite breakfast splurge and my pumpkin version is worth every single bite. It is SO good!
I dip thick slices of Texas toast into a mixture of pumpkin, eggs, milk, brown sugar, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla.
I cook the French toast in butter until each side is golden brown. FYI-your house will smell amazing while the French toast is cooking. It is guaranteed to wake the entire house up. So if you need to get your family out of bed, make this French toast, they are sure to come running:)
To serve, I top the Pumpkin French toast with more butter, pure maple syrup, and dusting of powdered sugar. My boys devoured their French toast. I have a feeling they are going to be asking for Pumpkin French Toast every Sunday morning…and I am ok with that. I am already craving more of this heavenly Pumpkin French Toast!
This Pumpkin French Toast is perfect fall breakfast treat! Go treat yourself! Enjoy!
If you like this Pumpkin French Toast, you might also like:
- Classic French Toast
- Baked Pumpkin French Toast
- Ice Cream French Toast
- Baked French Toast Muffins
- Cinnamon Streusel Baked French Toast Sticks
- Cannoli Stuffed French Toast
Pumpkin French Toast
- 3 large eggs
- ¾ cup milk
- ½ cup pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie filling
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Butter for griddle or pan
- 10 slices Texas toast or other thick-sliced bread
- Maple syrup butter, and powdered sugar, for serving
- Preheat electric griddle and set aside.
- In a 9x13 pan or a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, pumpkin, brown sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Butter the preheated griddle.
- Dip both sides of each slice of bread into the egg mixture, allowing the bread to soak up some of the mixture. Transfer slices of bread carefully to the griddle and cook until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes. Flip and cook on the other side until golden brown. Repeat with all slices of bread until coating mixture is gone.
- Serve Pumpkin French toast warm with maple syrup, butter, and powdered sugar, if desired.
- Note-We like to use a 9x13 pan to make the French toast because it is shallow, easier than a bowl. If you don't have an electric griddle you can use a non-stick skillet. Cook over medium heat. French toast is best warm the day it is made, but you can keep it in the fridge for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 2 months. Reheat in the toaster or microwave.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!