Egg Muffins with Kale, Roasted Red Peppers, and Feta Cheese-these healthy egg muffins are easy to make and perfect for breakfast on the go!
I am going to New Hampshire and Boston today and leaving my boys behind. I am looking forward to my trip, but I am already missing my boys. I haven’t traveled alone in almost two years. I know the boys are in good hands, Josh is the most amazing father, but I will still miss them.
I wanted to leave the kitchen stocked with good food so my boys had plenty to eat. Yes, Josh is perfectly capable of making delicious meals, he is a great cook, but I wanted to take some of the burden off of him. I know it is hard to manage two rambunctious boys, especially by yourself. So I made a Black Bean Quinoa Enchilada Bake, Zucchini Banana Bread, and Egg Muffins with Kale, Roasted Red Peppers, and Feta Cheese for my boys to enjoy while I am gone.
Our Egg Muffins with Sausage, Spinach, and Cheese are a favorite at our house and a favorite in most of your homes, it is one of our most popular recipes. I was worried my boys wouldn’t like my veggie version, but they love these veggie filled egg muffins just as much!
I love egg muffins because they are easy to make and easy to eat on the go! You can keep them in the fridge or freezer and reheat them in the microwave. They make a great healthy breakfast for busy weekday mornings.
I hope Josh and my boys appreciate these cute little egg muffins while I am traveling. And it will make me feel better that they are getting some veggies while I am gone…in case Josh decides to give them donuts and pizza all week…ha!
Egg Muffins with Kale, Roasted Red Peppers, and Feta Cheese are the perfect way to start any morning! Make them ahead of time so you can grab them on the go!
Egg Muffins with Kale, Roasted Red Peppers, and Feta Cheese
- 5 egg whites
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup skim milk or almond milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped kale
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted red peppers
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 8 muffin tin cups with cooking spray. Make sure you spray the cups well. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together egg whites and eggs. Whisk in skim milk and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Stir in the green onion, kale, and roasted red peppers.
- Pour egg mixture evenly into the muffin cups. Distribute cheese equally between each muffin cup.
- Bake egg muffins for 20 minutes, or until the muffins are firm in the center. Remove from oven and gently go round each egg with a butter knife. Serve warm.
- Note-you can store the egg muffins in the fridge for 3-4 days and reheat them in the microwave. They also freeze well!
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!