Garlic Bread Avocado Toast Recipe – buttery garlic bread with mashed avocado. Two favorites combined to create this amazing, yet simple avocado toast!
Next-Level Avocado Toast Recipe
Maxwell is going through an avocado phase. Every time he sees an avocado he starts kicking his feet and waving his arms. He is obsessed! I am glad because I get just as excited. Avocados make me want to do a happy dance! They are my favorite!
For Maxwell, I just mash up the avocado and he eats it by the spoonful. Nothing wrong with that, but I like to make avocado toast. It is my go-to. I eat it just about every day. I never get tired of it, but I recently took my avocado toast to the next level and made Garlic Bread Avocado Toast. That’s right, garlic bread meets avocado toast. They met, they said hello, and they instantly fell in love. Garlic bread and avocado make the perfect pair!
Garlic bread is a classic comfort food. It’s a staple. A must. The avocado just makes it better. Like WAY better. Trust me on this one!
How to Make Avocado Toast
- I started with a loaf of crusty French bread.
- Next, I combined softened butter with minced garlic. I slathered my bread slices with lots of butter and garlic!
- I put the bread in the oven to get nice and toasty! It crisped right up and our house smelled like an Italian restaurant!
- I then spread mashed avocado on each garlic toast and added sea salt, freshly ground black pepper, and a little crushed red pepper.
The result? Buttery, garlicky, crunchy, creamy garlic avocado toast goodness! This garlic bread / avocado toast has everything going for it. It is pretty much the best thing ever. I think I will be eating this every day from now on. Mashed avocado for Maxwell and Garlic Bread Avocado Toast for mama:)
Garlic Avocado Toast All Day, Every Day
This Garlic Bread Avocado Toast recipe works great as a snack, side dish, or lunch! Warning: make sure you have gum or a pocket full of mints handy after eating this bread. Or you can just make everyone around you eat Garlic Bread Avocado Toast with you. I don’t think they will object. Garlic breath all around:) Enjoy!
If you like this garlic bread avocado toast, try these recipes:
- Caprese Garlic Bread
- Caprese Avocado Toast
- Everything Bagel Avocado Toast
- Roasted Chickpea Avocado Toast
Garlic Bread Avocado Toasts
- Prep Time
- 10 minutes
- Total Time
- 17 minutes
- 1 loaf crusty French or Italian bread sliced
- 1/2 cup Land O Lakes® Spreadable Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 3 large ripe avocados pits removed
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Sea salt black pepper, and crushed red pepper, to taste
Preheat the oven to 375°F.
In a small bowl, mix together butter and garlic. Spread generously over each slice of bread. Place slices on a large baking sheet. Bake for 5-7 minutes, or until the butter is melted. Turn the oven to broil and broil for 1 to 2 minutes or until the bread slices are golden brown. Remove from oven and let slices cool slightly.
In a medium bowl, combine the avocados and lemon juice. Mash with a spoon or fork.
Top each slice of garlic bread with mashed avocado. Season with sea salt, black pepper, and crushed red pepper. Serve immediately.
avocado toast, garlic bread