Roasted Chickpea Avocado Toast
Roasted Chickpea Avocado Toast with a drizzle of lemon tahini dressing makes a great healthy breakfast, lunch, or snack!
If you are a regular reader of our blog you know I am obsessed with avocado toast and roasted chickpeas. Proof!
- caprese avocado toast
- everything bagel avocado toast
- avocado toast with eggs, spinach, and tomatoes
- roasted cauliflower and chickpea tacos
- roasted chickpea taco salad
- chickpea shawarma bowls
Just to name a few:) Avocados and chickpeas for life!
Well, the best of both worlds have combined to create the ultimate avocado toast, Roasted Chickpea Avocado Toast. You guys, get excited because this avocado toast is going to rock your world! It is crazy good, so good that you will want to eat it every day!
And the best part? This recipe is SO simple. I have been eating it nonstop for weeks and I love it every single time. It is great for breakfast, lunch, or a snack! And guess what? My boys, Josh included, like it too! SCORE!
How to Make Roasted Chickpea Avocado Toast
- First, roast the chickpeas with all of the yummy spices and a little olive oil so they get crispy. Yes, this will take a little oven time, but you can put them in the oven and forget them…just make sure you set a timer:) AND if you are making the avocado toast for just you, you will have leftovers. You can keep the chickpeas in a container in the fridge and reheat them in the microwave. This is a great meal prep recipe!
- While the chickpeas are roasting, whisk together the SIMPLE lemon tahini dressing. This will take you 5 minutes tops to make! It’s so easy and SO good! And you can keep the leftover dressing in the fridge so you can make avocado toast all week OR you can use it on any salad or make this or this. Both are TASTY! This dressing is a staple in our house, we always have it on hand.
- To assemble the toast, toast your bread, I use whole wheat bread but you can use gluten-free bread or your favorite bread. Smash the avocado with a fork, add a little lemon juice, spread it onto your toast. Top with the roasted chickpeas and a drizzle of lemon tahini dressing. Eat and enjoy every single bite!
If you are looking for an easy, healthy recipe that you can eat anytime of the day, this is it! This Roasted Chickpea Avocado Toast is vegan, vegetarian, and gluten-free…if you use gluten-free bread:) I am obsessed with it and I think you will be too. Don’t worry, it is a good obsession to have:)
Roasted Chickpea Avocado Toast
This simple and healthy avocado toast is perfect for breakfast, lunch, or snack time!
Yield: Serves 2-4
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
FOR THE CHICKPEAS:
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon tumeric
FOR THE LEMON TAHINI DRESSING:
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 lemons, juiced (about 4 tablespoons)
- 1/3 cup hot water
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
FOR THE AVOCADO TOAST:
- 4 slices bread (I use whole wheat, you can use gluten-free bread)
- 2 large avocados
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the chickpeas, olive oil, cumin, garlic powder, smoked paprika, salt, and tumeric. Stir until chickpeas are well coated. Place on a large baking sheet and roast the chickpeas for 25-30 minutes, or until chickpeas are crispy.
- While the chickpeas are roasting, make the lemon tahini dressing. In a small bowl or jar, whisk together the tahini, garlic, lemon juice, and, water. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. If the dressing is too thick, add a little more water and whisk again.
- Remove the pits from the avocados and discard. Scoop out the avocado flesh with a spoon and place into a medium bowl. Add lemon juice and mash with a fork. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread the mashed avocado onto the toast slices. Top with roasted chickpeas and a drizzle of lemon tahini dressing. Serve immediately.
Note-you can make the roasted chickpeas and dressing in advance. I store them both in the refrigerator. To reheat the chickpeas, place them in a microwave safe bowl and reheat for about 20 seconds.
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!