Garlic Butter Grilled Vegetable Pizza
Garlic Butter Grilled Vegetable Pizza-pizza brushed with garlic butter and topped with grilled vegetables, fresh mozzarella, and basil.
Happy Labor Day weekend! Do you have any fun plans? This is the weekend for one last summer hurrah! We are getting out our grill and making our favorite Garlic Butter Grilled Vegetable Pizza. I love making this pizza because it is loaded with veggies and I am sure you have lots of garden veggies to use up right now.
Instead of using traditional red pizza sauce, we top the pizza with garlic butter. Oh, yeah! We combine melted Land O Lakes® Unsalted Butter with minced garlic and brush the butter all over the pizza. We top the pizza with grilled vegetables, fresh mozzarella cheese, and basil. This summer pizza is full of flavor!
End summer with a BANG and make this delicious Garlic Butter Grilled Vegetable Pizza. It is sure to be a hit at your family get together this weekend.
This year Land O’Lakes is encouraging everyone to focus on the little ways we can improve the world around us.
It’s the end of the summer and I know a lot of us are making goals for the new school year, and I want to challenge you all to find ways to bring good to others and to yourself. You can put a special note in your kids’ lunch box, go on a walk with your family or friends, smile at someone, bake cookies for a friend, turn on the music and dance while you make dinner, read a new book, or tell someone you love them.
Share your good moments on Instagram with the hashtag #AddALittleGood. I can’t wait to see what you are doing to bring good into this world!
And you can start by making this Garlic Butter Grilled Vegetable Pizza. It is sure to make someone’s belly very happy! Have a great Labor Day weekend!
Garlic Butter Grilled Vegetable Pizza
This pizza is brushed with garlic butter and topped with grilled vegetables, fresh mozzarella, and basil. It is a summer favorite!
Yield: 1 pizza
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 small red pepper, cut into strips, seeds removed
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup sliced red onions
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 lb pizza dough, homemade or store bought
- 2 tablespoons Land O Lakes® unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, torn
- 1/2 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 tablespoons freshly chopped basil
- Preheat the grill to high heat and brush the grill with a little bit of oil.
- In a medium bowl, combine zucchini, red pepper, mushrooms, and red onion. Drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Place vegetables evenly on a grill pan that has been coated with cooking spray. Grill for 8 minutes or just until tender. Remove from grill and set aside.
- Roll the pizza dough into a large oval on a lightly floured surface. Place the pizza dough on a lightly floured rimless baking sheet, or pizza peel.
- In a small bowl, combined the melted butter and minced garlic. Brush the pizza dough with the garlic butter.
- Slide the pizza dough directly onto the hot grill. Grill the pizza dough for about 2 minutes with the lid closed. Open the grill lid and flip the pizza carefully with a pair of tongs. Grill for 2-3 minutes more. The dough should be golden brown with grill marks on both sides. Remove the pizza from the grill.
- Sprinkle fresh mozzarella cheese over the pizza, leaving a 1/2-inch border around edges. Arrange grilled vegetables evenly over the cheese. Grill pizza 3-5 minutes or until cheese melts and crust is golden brown. Remove pizza from grill and top with fresh tomatoes and basil.
- Cut into slices and serve.
Note-if you don’t have a grill, you can make this pizza in the oven. You can roast the vegetables at 400 degrees F and cook the pizza at 500 degrees F.
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!
This blog post is sponsored by Land O’Lakes. Thank you for supporting the brands that continue to make Two Peas and Their Pod possible.