Grilled Avocado and Vegetable Tacos- get out your grill and make these healthy and easy vegetarian tacos! They are a summer favorite!
It is warming up outside and that means our grill is heating up! I love grilling season! Cooking and eating outside is so much fun…and with a house of boys, the clean up is nice too. If they spill, I don’t stress about it. It is also warm enough for them to eat with their shirts off. I know I should be teaching manners at the dinner table, but outside summer eating is different. I am fine letting them eat with their shirts off, mainly because that is less laundry for me to do. I can just hose them off if I need to and their shirts won’t get dirty or stained. It’s a win-win! Especially, because Caleb loves playing in the hose. He probably spills extra so we will hose him off:)
To kick off grilling season, we made Grilled Avocado and Vegetable Tacos. They were a hit with the entire family. I love it when my boys eat their vegetables!
Have you tried grilling an avocado before? If you haven’t, you need too. I am telling you, it’s a total game changer. Grilled guacamole is one of my summer staples and so are these tacos. Grilling the avocado is so simple and brings out great flavor!
Look at those grill marks! Charred and ready for our tacos!
For the vegetables, I used zucchini, yellow squash, peppers, and red onion. You can use whatever veggies you have in your fridge or garden this summer. I toss the veggies with olive oil and Old El Paso’s Taco Seasoning.
When the avocado and veggies are grilled to perfection, I put them in an Old El Paso Stand ‘n Stuff Tortillas. I also add cotija cheese and cilantro. Feel free to add your favorite taco toppings! Go crazy or keep things simple!
Get grilling season started by making Grilled Avocado and Vegetable Tacos. They are simple, fresh, and healthy! I know we will be making these tacos all summer long. I hope they become a summer favorite at your house too!
Grilled Avocado and Vegetable Tacos
- 1 medium zucchini cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 medium yellow squash cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 yellow pepper thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil plus extra for brushing avocados
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons Old El Paso Taco Seasoning
- 2 ripe avocados
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 6 Old El Paso Stand 'n Stuff Soft Flour Tortillas
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped cilantro
- 1/3 cup cotija or queso fresco cheese
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the zucchini, yellow squash, peppers, and onion. Add the olive oil and lime juice and toss gently to coat. Add the taco seasoning and stir until vegetables are well coated. Place vegetables on a grill pan or in a grill basket. Grill until the vegetables are tender, about 7-10 minutes.
- Cut avocados in half. Remove pit and brush with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Place flesh side down on grill and grill for 2-5 minutes or until avocados have grill marks. Remove from grill and cool to room temperature. Slice avocados.
- To assemble the tacos, spoon some of the vegetable mixture into each tortilla and top with grilled avocado slices. Add cheese, cilantro, and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve warm.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!
Disclosure-this post is in partnership with Old El Paso, but our opinions are our own. Thank you for supporting the brands that continue to make Two Peas and Their Pod possible.