Happy Memorial Day! I hope everyone is enjoying the holiday. We did a lot of yard work over the weekend so today we are going to relax. Well, I am going to try and make Josh relax. He seems to always find another project to work on:) We will be getting our grill out later this afternoon. First up on the grilling list, Grilled Guacamole. It is the perfect appetizer or side dish to any summer barbeque.
I’ve always loved avocados, but pregnancy has made me need them on a regular basis. We have been eating avocado everything-avocado ice cream, salsa, and guacamole. My new favorite guacamole is Grilled Guacamole. Grilling the avocados brings out a nice smoky flavor. You don’t grill the avocados for long, about 5-7 minutes, just until the avocados have black grill marks.
Next, you can add in all of the traditional guacamole ingredients-lime juice, garlic, onion, tomatoes, cilantro, jalapeno, salt, and pepper. Smash everything together and you have a bowl of creamy, smoky, delicious guacamole. Grab a bag of tortilla chips and start dipping.
I think everything in the summer time tastes better grilled, including this guacamole. If you are looking for a new way to enjoy guacamole, try Grilled Guacamole. I am sure the unique smoky flavor will win you over.
*The winner of our Bush’s Grillin’ Beans Grilling Kit Giveaway is Averie (LoveVeggiesandYoga) who said: ” fave summer bbq item? cold drinks, fruit salads, and extra ketchup.” Congratulations! Thanks everyone who commented, we loved hearing all of your favorite BBQ foods! We are so ready for grilling season! Make sure you try Bush’s Grillin’ Beans this summer, they are a great side dish.
- 2 -4
- 4 ripe avocados cut in half, pit removed, left in skin
- Olive oil for brushing the avocados
- Juice of 1 large lime
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon diced jalapeno
- 3 tablespoons diced red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/3 cup freshly chopped cilantro
- Salt and black pepper to taste
1. Heat the grill to medium heat. Lightly brush each avocado half with olive oil.
2. Place the avocado halves flesh side down on the grill. Grill for about 5-7 minutes or until the avocados have black grill marks.
3. Remove the avocados from the grill and let them cool to room temperature. Scoop out the avocado flesh and place in a medium bowl. Smash the avocados with a fork and stir in the lime juice, garlic, jalapeno, onion, and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve with tortilla chips.
If you like this Grilled Guacamole, you might also like: