Grilled Chicken Blueberry Feta Salad with avocado, almonds, red onion, and a simple lemon poppy seed dressing is full of flavor and perfect for summertime.
Tomorrow, is the first day of June. I don’t know how that happened, but I am glad June is here because I am SO ready for summer! I know summer doesn’t officially start until June 20th, but that is just a date. I am starting summer now. Want to join me? You can kick off summer with this Grilled Chicken Blueberry Feta Salad with Lemon Poppy Seed Dressing. I made it over the weekend and it was a huge hit with family and friends.
This salad is not basic or boring. It is LOADED with lots of tasty ingredients!
- grilled chicken
- feta cheese
- red onion
- lemon poppy seed dressing
I told you it was loaded! We eat a lot of salads during the hot summer months and I want the salads to be hearty because a salad is usually our meal, with watermelon on the side. We always have watermelon:)
A few salad notes:
- The lemon poppy seed dressing serves as a dressing and marinade for the chicken. It is easy to whisk up and adds a lot of flavor to the chicken and salad. You can marinate the chicken for 20 minutes or you can prepare it in advance and let it marinate for a few hours in the fridge.
- You can grill the chicken on an outside grill or on a grill pan inside.
- If you want the salad to be vegetarian, you can leave the chicken off of the salad. That is what I do and the salad is still super delicious.
- This summer salad is great for lunch or dinner. It is filling enough to be a main dish.
Happy summer, friends! We are off to a good start with this Grilled Chicken Blueberry Feta Salad with Lemon Poppy Seed Dressing. Let’s make this the best summer yet!
If you like this salad, you might also like:
- Summer Arugula Salad with Basil Vinaigrette
- Berry, Burrata, and Almond Salad
- Summer Zucchini Noodle Salad
- Grilled Peach, Blueberry, and Goat Cheese Arugula Salad
Grilled Chicken Blueberry Feta Salad with Lemon Poppy Seed Dressing
For the Lemon Poppy Seed Dressing:
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
For the Salad:
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 pound)
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 large avocado sliced
- 1 cup almonds
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 large red onion thinly sliced
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, honey, mustard, garlic, poppy seeds, salt, and black pepper.
- Pour half of the dressing into a large Ziploc bag or bowl. Reserve the rest for drizzling on the salads. Add the chicken breasts and marinate the chicken for 20 minutes. If you have time, you can let the chicken marinade for up to 2 hours.
- Heat the grill to medium high heat. Remove the chicken from the bag or bowl and place on the grill. Cook for 6-8 minutes on each side or until chicken is cooked through. Note-discard the dressing that the chicken was in. Let the chicken rest while you prepare the salads.
- Divide the greens, blueberries, avocado, almonds, feta, and red onion onto four plates. Slice the grilled chicken and place on top of the salads. Drizzle with remaining lemon poppy seed dressing and serve immediately.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod