Strawberry Spinach Salad with Strawberry Dressing – spinach salad dressed with pureed strawberries blended with a bit of lemon juice, agave nectar, salt, and pepper, plus feta cheese and almonds for added flavor and texture.
Easy Strawberry Spinach Salad
This week is super busy for us. We are both busy at work and trying to get everything ready for the big bake sale on Saturday. I am also going to do a live cooking segment for Studio 5 on Friday. I have been on the show before, I made my banana cinnamon chip cake, but it’s been awhile. I hope it goes well! My mind is a little frazzled this week. We have a lot of baking to do, but it will be fun and it is for a great cause.
I found strawberries on sale for 99 cents a pound this week. I have been enjoying them in my yogurt, oatmeal, and even for dessert. I love how sweet and juicy they are. I also made a strawberry spinach salad with strawberry dressing for dinner last night. This salad was very simple-perfect for our busy week.
A Delicious Spinach Salad Dressing is Born
I had an abundance of strawberries so I created a healthy spinach salad dressing using my strawberries. I pureed the berries in the blender with a little bit of lemon juice, agave nectar, salt, and pepper. It was that easy. The dressing adds an extra strawberry punch to the salad. I really like the crunchy almonds and creamy feta cheese too. If you want to bulk up the salad, try adding grilled chicken, fish, or beans to the salad.
Celebrate strawberry season with this simple salad.
Strawberry Spinach Salad with Strawberry Dressing
- 1 lb. fresh spinach we buy the big tubs at Costco
- 1 cup strawberries sliced
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 2 ounces feta cheese
- 7 large strawberries cut in half
- Fresh lemon juice from 1 lemon
- Drizzle of agave nectar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Place the spinach in a medium bowl. Top with sliced strawberries, almonds, and feta cheese.
- 2. For the dressing, put the cut up strawberries in a blender. Squeeze lemon juice into the blender. Drizzle the strawberries with agave nectar. If your strawberries are ripe and sweet, you will only need a little agave nectar. Make according to your taste. Blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- 3. Pour dressing over spinach and strawberry salad.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
If you like this salad, you might also like:
Nectarine and Raspberry Salad from Two Peas and Their Pod
Strawberry Spinach Salad with Almonds and Dill from Kalyn’s Kitchen
Seductive Strawberry Salad from Food Blogga
Strawberry Citrus Salad from The Bitten Word