On Saturday we had some friends over for a cookout. It was our first cookout of the season and the weather was perfect. It was nice to enjoy our new patio with good food and friends. Josh took the lead and made Grilled Fajita Chicken. We served the chicken with Bush’s Black Bean Fiesta Grillin’ Beans. They were the perfect side to the fajita chicken.
Josh created a spicy fajita seasoning to marinate the chicken. He cut up peppers and onions to go with the chicken. He grilled up the chicken, peppers, and onions and then served a piece of chicken with the veggies on top.
We served Black Bean Fiesta Grillin’ Beans, grilled pineapple, and salad with the Grilled Fajita Chicken. Everyone enjoyed the meal. It was nice to be outside. I love grilling season!
If you are grilling out for Memorial Day next Monday, give Grilled Fajita Chicken. It is the perfect summer bbq meal.
Don’t forget to enter our giveaway for a grilling kit and a $50 Visa gift card. You have until Friday to enter! Good luck!
Grilled Fajita Chicken
- For the fajita seasoning:
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Juice of 2 large limes
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 8 small chicken breasts seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 5 large bell peppers use a mix of colors, cut into strips
- 2 small red onions cut into strips
1. In a small pan, mix together fajita seasoning ingredients. Heat over medium low until hot. Let seasoning cool to room temperature. Pour seasoning over chicken breasts, reserving a little of the seasoning for the peppers and onions. Sprinkle chicken with green onions and let marinate for 30 minutes. Toss the peppers and onions with remaining seasoning.
2. Preheat the grill to high heat. Place the chicken directly on the grill. Cook each side for about 6 minutes, depending on the thickness of your chicken breasts. While the chicken is cooking, grill the onions and peppers on a grill pan. Grill until vegetables are tender.
3. Serve chicken breasts with pepper and onions. If desired, serve Bush's Black Bean Fiesta Grillin' Beans on the side.
The cookout and giveaway are in partnership with Bush’s Beans. However, our opinions are our own.