We have been busy with our basement remodel project so we really haven’t thought about Halloween this year. I don’t even know if we will dress up. Josh wanted to be an Orka whale, but he couldn’t find a costume. Darn:) He is known for his crazy costumes, so I am sure he will come up with something. We do have pumpkins and I made Halloween Chocolate Candy Bark over the weekend.
My neighborhood friend, Anna, came over on Saturday and helped me with the chocolate bark. We used a recipe from A Field Guide to Candy
, by Anita Chu. I’ve been a huge fan of Anita’s blog, Dessert First
, for years. I was finally able to meet her at the Blogher conference
and she is just as sweet as her desserts:) I just love her. I was so excited to try a recipe from her new candy book.
The bark was really easy to make. We used white chocolate as the base and added in crushed Oreos, Butterfinger pieces, and M & M’s. We drizzled the Butterfinger section with milk chocolate too.Once the bark hardened up, we broke it into chunks. I loved how fun and festive it looked. If you are looking for an easy treat for Halloween, give this bark a try. The monsters and gobblins will love it:)
Don’t forget to check out Anita’s book, A Field Guide to Candy.
There are over 100 candy recipes that will surely send you into sugar heaven. I can’t wait to try them all!
Halloween Chocolate Candy Bark
14 ounces white chocolate
Crushed up Oreos
Crushed up Butterfinger Bars
Mini M & M’s
Milk Chocolate-for drizzling
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Place the white chocolate in a metal bowl. Put the metal bowl over a pot of simmering water. Make sure the bowl does not touch the water. Stir the chocolate frequently with a rubber spatula. When the chocolate is smooth and fully melted, remove the bowl from the heat. Wipe off the bowl if there is any condensation.
3. Let the white chocolate cool for a minute or two. Stir to make sure it doesn’t harden. Pour the chocolate onto the baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread it with a spatula until it is about ⅜ inch thick.
4. Sprinkle Oreos, Butterfinger pieces, M & M’s over the white chocolate. I did this in sections.
5. Melt the milk chocolate in the microwave and drizzle over the Butterfinger portion.
6. Let the chocolate cool and harden. I put the pan in the refrigerator. It was ready in about 30-45 minutes.
7. Once the chocolate is set and hard, break bark into pieces.
If you like my Halloween Bark, you might also like: