Honey Peach Muffins with Oat Streusel Topping-whole wheat muffins with juicy peaches and a sweet oat streusel topping! These muffins are a new family favorite!
I’ve been on a muffin kick. Caleb loves muffins so I have been making them for him, or at least that is what I am saying. I am enjoying the muffins too:) Yay for muffin madness!
I recently made Apple Zucchini Muffins, Mixed Berry Granola Muffins, and now Honey Peach Muffins with Oat Streusel Topping. I love making muffins because they don’t take long and I love unwrapping my own individual muffin. I love a treat that I don’t have to share:)
I am head over heels in love with these Honey Peach Muffins with Oat Streusel Topping. I made them on a whim because I needed to use up the peaches from our tree, but they are now a favorite muffin recipe at our house. I loved them and so did my boys. Well, Maxwell didn’t get a bite, but I am sure he will love then when he gets older.
“Sugar, oh honey, honey!” I don’t know why but that song is in my head. Oh wait, I do know why because I used honey to make these delicious peach muffins and now I can’t get the song or the muffins out of my head! Love the song and love the muffins!
Anyways, I made these muffins on a weekday morning when Maxwell was napping and Caleb and Josh were at the park. They came home to a muffin surprise! We all sat down and enjoyed a mid-morning muffin snack.
The whole wheat muffins are sweetened with honey and have chunks of fresh juicy peaches inside! The muffins also have a glorious oat streusel topping. Streusel makes everything better! We all devoured our muffins and Josh even grabbed a second. I refrained from having a second muffin…for about an hour. Then my muffin mind got the best of me and I ate another one!
I am SO glad I let my muffin craze continue because we are all in love with these Honey Peach Muffins with Oat Streusel Topping. They are going down in the books as a MUST make muffin! You better make a batch too and you might want to sing “Sugar, oh, honey, honey” while you bake! Singing while baking makes the muffins taste even better:)
Honey Peach Muffins with Oat Streusel Topping
For the Muffins:
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup buttermilk room temperature
- 1/4 cup butter melted and slightly cooled
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups diced peaches skin removed
For the Oat Streusel Topping:
- 1 1/4 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 tablespoon white whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons cold butter cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line muffin pans with paper liners or coat with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugars, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together buttermilk, butter, honey, egg, and vanilla. Pour the liquid mixture over the dry ingredients and stir until flour disappears. Gently fold in the peaches.
- In a small bowl, combine oats, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and butter. Mix topping together with your fingers until you have a crumbly mixture. Stir in the honey and mix until combined.
- Fill muffin cups ¾ of the way full. Sprinkle each muffin with oat streusel topping. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick stuck in the middle comes out clean. Let cool for 5 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod