Kale Salad with Citrus, Avocado, and Feta-the perfect salad for citrus season!
Yesterday we shared our BIG news! Thank you for all of your kind comments. We are excited!
I am so relieved that I don’t have to hide anything anymore. I can share what is really going on. Right now, I really don’t like vegetables. I know that is a horrible thing to say, especially for a vegetarian, but I can’t stomach them. I am trying though.
Over the weekend, I made a Kale Salad with Citrus, Avocado, and Feta. I have been craving citrus my entire pregnancy so I figured if I topped my salad with citrus fruits I would be able to choke it down. I surprised myself because I didn’t even have to choke it down, I actually enjoyed it.
I’ve been avoiding the kitchen. I don’t even like to open the fridge. Luckily, this salad was simple to make. I got in and out in no time…and I didn’t have to deal with any strong smells. The citrus actually smelled nice!
This salad has all of my favorite things: kale, oranges, grapefruit, avocado, and feta. I used blood oranges because I spotted them at Whole Foods and they were too pretty to pass up. If you can’t find blood oranges you can use regular oranges. Citrus fruits are in season right now and SO good! Make sure you stock up!
This kale salad will cure your winter blues! It is refreshing, bursting with flavor, and oh so pretty!
It felt good to eat a salad again. I am so happy our baby liked my Kale Salad with Citrus, Avocado, and Feta. I am going to make it today for lunch!
Kale Salad with Citrus, Avocado, and Feta
Kale salad with oranges, grapefruit, avocado, and feta. The perfect salad for citrus season!
- Prep Time
- 10 minutes
- Total Time
- 10 minutes
- 1 bunch kale stalks removed and discarded, leaves chopped
- 1/8 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- Pinch of Kosher salt
- 2 small blood oranges peeled and sliced into rounds
- 1 large grapefruit peeled and cut into segments
- 1 large avocado pit removed and sliced
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1. Place kale in a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, orange zest, fresh orange juice, and salt. Pour mixture over kale and massage the kale until it starts to soften, about 2-3 minutes.
- 2. Add grapefruit segments, orange slices, avocado slices, and feta cheese. Toss and serve.
- Note-any kind of oranges will work in this salad.