Lemon Blueberry Muffins-tender lemon muffins with juicy blueberries and a sweet lemon glaze!
Our boys are on a major muffin kick and I am ok with that because I love them too! I love baking them because they are super easy and I love eating them too! You can’t beat a fresh muffin in the morning!
Last week, I made Cherry Almond Streusel Muffins, and they didn’t last long, so I got out my muffin tin and made Lemon Blueberry Muffins. We LOVE blueberry muffins at our house, this is our favorite classic blueberry muffin recipe, but the lemon addition in these muffins is so refreshing and delicious!
These Lemon Blueberry Muffins are a staple in our house, especially during the spring and summer months when I can find juicy, plump blueberries for a good price. When blueberries are out of season and cost an arm and a leg, I use frozen blueberries. They work well, but fresh is always best, right? 🙂
Look at those beautiful blueberries. They were begging to be in my muffins!
Oh, and in case you are wondering, I got this cute little colander from World Market. I bought a dozen of them because they come in a ton of colors and are super cheap! I love a good deal and had to stock up. They are perfect for summer berries!
Ok, back to the muffins! The muffins are soft, tender, and have a lovely lemon flavor. And you will love the burst of flavor the blueberries add! I drizzle them with a sweet lemon glaze because the glaze makes them extra purty!
Join us in our muffin mania and make Lemon Blueberry Muffins! They are guaranteed to be a favorite!
More Muffin Recipes:
- Blueberry Muffins
- Morning Glory Muffins
- Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
- Chocolate Banana Muffins
- Healthy Pumpkin Muffins
Lemon Blueberry Muffins
For the muffins:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup whole milk at room temperature
- 1 cup blueberries fresh or frozen
For the lemon glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray or line with paper muffin liners.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In another small bowl, combine sugar and lemon zest. Rub the sugar and lemon zest together with your fingers until fragrant.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add eggs, vanilla, lemon juice, and milk. Mix until combined. Add flour mixture and mix on low until just combined. Gently stir in the blueberries.
- Divide batter evenly into 12 muffin cups. Bake for 23 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and let muffins cool on a wire rack.
- While the muffins are cooling, make the lemon glaze. In a small bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar and lemon juice. Drizzle the glaze over the muffins. Let the muffins sit until the glaze sets. Serve!
- Note-muffins will keep in an airtight container on the counter for up to 2 days. You can freeze the muffins for up to 1 month. I always freeze them without the glaze. Defrost and then glaze the muffins.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod