Baked Frittata – this loaded baked frittata is just like a loaded baked potato. Filled with potatoes, cheese, bacon, and green onions, this baked frittata recipe will easily become a family favorite!
Baked Frittata Recipe Perfect For Brunch
Easter is right around the corner and Josh created a Loaded Baked Potato Frittata that he insists you all make for Easter brunch. This frittata is just like a loaded baked potato but in frittata form. The frittata is filled with potatoes, cheese, bacon, and green onions. He also topped it off with a dollop of sour cream.
The bacon part sold you, huh? Bacon is not my cup of tea, but my boys love it. Caleb loves when daddy shares his precious bacon.
A Baked Potato Frittata? Yes, Please.
Josh loves a loaded baked potato. He says that is the only way to do it if it’s going to be a meal. He doesn’t want a wimpy baked potato. I love baked potatoes with cottage cheese and salsa. He thinks I am crazy. He won’t even try my kind of tater. He doesn’t know what he’s missing!
So when Josh suggested a Loaded Baked Potato Frittata, I cleared the kitchen and let him go to town. There is definitely nothing wimpy about this frittata. It is hearty, cheesy, and a crowd pleaser.
Best Frittata Recipe
Josh left the skins on the potatoes because he wanted a rustic baked frittata, but if the potato skins bug you, go ahead and get out your peeler. Look at the big chunks of potatoes! Spud heaven! And don’t forget about the bacon in there. And there is cheese in the frittata AND on top! Josh wasn’t messing around! This really is the best Frittata recipe!
This Loaded Baked Potato Frittata is easy to make and won’t leave you hungry. Make a baked frittata for Easter brunch to share with your family and friends. And if you aren’t having brunch, no worries, this frittata also makes a killer dinner. You can’t go wrong with this recipe any time of the day!
Loaded Baked Potato Frittata
- Prep Time
- 15 minutes
- Cook Time
- 15 minutes
- Total Time
- 30 minutes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 small russet potatoes washed and chopped
- 2 green onions chopped
- 8 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 cup green onion chopped
- 5 strips cooked bacon chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese
- Sour cream for serving
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2. Heat oil in a large skillet and cook the potatoes until tender, about 5 minutes. Add in the 2 tablespoons of green onion. Set aside.
- 3. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. Stir in the 1/4 cup green onion, bacon, potatoes, and 1/2 cup cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- 4. Pour mixture into a greased 10-inch skillet. Put the skillet on the stove and cook over medium heat until the mixture is half set, do not stir. You just want the frittata to set up. Put the skillet in the oven and bake for 12 minutes. Carefully remove the skillet from the oven and top with remaining cheese. Put the skillet back in the oven and bake until cheese is melted, about 2-3 minutes.
- 5. Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes. Cut and serve warm.
If you like this Loaded Baked Potato Frittata, you might also like:
- Asparagus, Spinach, & Feta Cheese Frittata from Two Peas and Their Pod
- Baby Spinach Frittata with Sweet Potato Hash Crust from Cookie and Kate
- Roasted Tomato & Zucchini Frittata from Foodie Crush