I hope you are not sick of asparagus yet, because I have a tasty frittata recipe to share with you today. A few weeks ago I made a lemon orzo salad with asparagus, spinach, and feta. It is my new favorite spring salad. Josh requested a frittata the other day and I used the salad as my flavor inspiration.
I used a mixture of egg whites and one whole egg. I added in garlic, asparagus, spinach, green onions, and feta cheese. I cooked everything on the stove and then popped it in the oven to finish things off. I love how simple frittatas are to make and there are few dishes to do too:)
This frittata is very springy! I love the green colors. We both enjoyed this meal. This frittata would be great for Mother’s Day brunch, add it to your menu today!
Asparagus, Spinach, and Feta Cheese Frittata
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a small bowl, whisk together the egg whites and egg. Set aside.
- 2. In a small frying pan, heat up the olive oil. Add the garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes on medium heat. Add the asparagus, spinach, and green onions. Cook until the asparagus is tender and the spinach is wilted.
- 3. Pour the egg mixture over the asparagus, spinach, and onions. Sprinkle in half of the cheese. Cook for about 5-6 minutes on low heat.
- 4. When the eggs are mostly set, sprinkle the fritatta with the rest of the feta cheese. Put the pan into the oven. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the fritatta is firm and the cheese is melted.
- 5. Cut fritatta into wedges and serve.
- *Note-make sure you use an oven safe pan.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
If you like this frittata, you might also like:
Baked Frittata with Artichokes, Sun Dried Tomatoes, and Feta Cheese from Two Peas and Their Pod
Egg Vegetable Casserole from Two Peas and Their Pod
Asparagus Frittata with Smoked Paprika, Thyme, and Feta from Cookin’ Canuck
Asparagus and Tomato Frittata with Havarti and Dill from Kalyn’s Kitchen
Asparagus and Smoked Salmon Frittata from Serious Eats