Mexican Layer Dip-this easy 7 Layer Mexican dip is perfect for game day, parties, or every day snacking!
My family has always been way into sports. Like yell at the TV, get a stomach ache when your team is losing, occasionally throw things in the room, and party like it’s 1999 when your team wins into sports. Yeah, we are kind of crazy like that. Josh and I are carrying on the crazy sports tradition. We love watching sports, especially on big game days! We usually cheer for the same team and when we don’t, you can feel the tension in the room. It is all in good fun:)
Good food is a must when a game is on. We love inviting people over to watch with us…some don’t come back because they realize we are a little nuts, but most do because we always have good food:) One of our favorite game day snacks is Mexican Layer Dip…or 7 Layer Dip. I think our dip has more than 7 layers. I lost count so I just call it Mexican Layer Dip. It is good no matter what you want to call it!
Most Mexican layered dips have sour cream involved, but I am not a sour cream fan so I make my favorite Creamy Avocado Yogurt Dip and spread it over the refried beans. It makes the dip extra special. You can’t go wrong with avocado! If you are a die hard sour cream fan, you can add a layer of sour cream too, but I don’t think it needs it. We never get complaints:)
We like to use Old El Paso’s Refried Black Beans. They are all kinds of awesome! We also stir in a little of Old El Paso’s Taco Seasoning into the Creamy Avocado Yogurt Dip to give the dip a kick of flavor. It is a must in 7 Layer Dip!
We go all out when it comes to the toppings. We add shredded Cheddar cheese, queso fresco, green onions, tomatoes, black olives, and cilantro!
Serve with tortilla chips and dip away! This easy Mexican Layer Dip is always a hit! I love it because it is super simple to make and you can make it in advance which makes it perfect for entertaining!
Get your dip on for the big game and make Mexican Layer Dip! Your guests will love you, no matter what team you are cheering for! And if sports aren’t your thing, no worries, you can make this dip any old day. It is good any day of the week, no special occasion needed. Just don’t forget the chips, Kip! Name that movie:) Enjoy!
Mexican Layer Dip
- Prep Time
- 20 minutes
- Total Time
- 20 minutes
- 1 16 oz can Old El Paso Refried Black Beans
- 1 cup Creamy Avocado Yogurt Dip
- 2 teaspoons Old El Paso Taco Seasoning
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar or Mexican cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 1 to mato diced
- 2 tablespoons queso fresco
- 1 green onion sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Tortilla chips for serving
- Using a spoon or spatula, spread the refried beans evenly on a serving platter or plate.
- Stir 2 teaspoons of taco seasoning into the Creamy Avocado Yogurt Dip. Spread the dip evenly over the beans.
- Top evenly with shredded cheese, olives, tomato, queso fresco, green onion, and cilantro. Serve with tortilla chips!
- Note-you can cover the dip and keep it in the fridge for 5 hours before serving. This recipe can easily be doubled!
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!
Disclosure-this post is in partnership with Old El Paso, but our opinions are our own. Thank you for supporting the brands that continue to make Two Peas and Their Pod possible.