Avocados and Greek yogurt (and cookies) are staples in my diet. I can’t live without them. I usually eat a yogurt in the morning or mix it in with my Green Smoothie. I love avocados in any form-guacamole grilled cheese sandwich, avocado pasta, salads, and even ice cream. I am an avocado fanatic! I combined my two favorites to make this Creamy Avocado Yogurt Dip. This dip makes a great party appetizer or every day snack.
This dip is so easy to make. I wonder why I don’t make it every day. Oh wait, I know why, it is because I have no self control and would eat the entire bowl all by myself, plus the giant bag of pita chips. We always buy the huge bag of pita chips at Costco or Sam’s Club-we have to because it is a good deal, right? Just like I have to keep eating them until they are gone:) There really should be an addiction warning label on the bag!
Anyways, to make the dip I combined plain Greek yogurt, avocados, garlic, cilantro, lime, and ground cumin in our blender and mixed until smooth. I seasoned it with salt and pepper, grabbed my pita chips, and got dipping. This dip is also great with tortilla tips, cut up veggies, or even great as a sandwich spread. The dip tastes similar to guacamole, but really creamy and really, really delicious! And the dip is green so it is perfect for St. Patrick’s Day next week! You don’t even have to get out the green food coloring:)
I hope you enjoy this Creamy Avocado Yogurt Dip as much as I do. It is one of my favorite healthy dips to make and eat!
Creamy Avocado Yogurt Dip
- Prep Time
- 10 minutes
- Total Time
- 10 minutes
- 1/2 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 2 ripe avocados peeled and seeded
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped seeded jalapeño pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Pita chips tortilla chips, cut up veggies-for serving
- Place the yogurt, avocados, garlic, cilantro, jalapeño, lime juice, and cumin in a blender or food processor. Mix until smooth. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Scrape dip into a serving bowl and serve with pita chips, tortilla chips, or cut up veggies.
If you like this Creamy Avocado Yogurt Dip, you might also like: