Next Monday is Memorial Day. If you are grilling out, going on a picnic, or attending a party, I have the perfect dessert for you. Yes, you need dessert, it is a holiday, dessert is a must:) These Mini Fruit Pizzas are perfect for any party or get together. They are fun to make and pretty to serve. Plus, everyone loves getting their own fruit pizza. You don’t have to share!
To make the Mini Fruit Pizzas, I used my Muffin Top Pan. I love this pan! It makes the best big cookies…or Mini Fruit Pizzas:) I used sugar cookie dough as my pizza crust. I pressed the cookie dough into the pan and baked the pizzas for about 8 minutes. When the pizzas were cool, I frosted them with cream cheese frosting that has a hint of lemon. I decorated the pizzas with strawberries, blackberries, and blueberries. Feel free to use your favorite fruit-kiwi, mandarin oranges, raspberries, peaches, and mango are also great toppings.
These Mini Fruit Pizzas are a great summer dessert. Make them for Memorial Day or the 4th of July…or just because you want a special dessert. And get the kids to help, they will love decorating their own pizza. Making Mini Fruit Pizzas sounds like a fun summer activity to me! I think I will make and eat them all summer long:) Hey, there is fruit involved so they are healthy:) Enjoy!
Mini Fruit Pizzas
Mini Fruit Pizzas are fun to make and pretty to serve! Everyone loves getting their own dessert pizza!
- Prep Time
- 15 minutes
- Total Time
- 25 minutes
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- For the Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1 8 ounce package of cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Fruit for Decorating:
- Strawberries sliced
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a muffin top pan with cooking spray and set aside.
2. With a mixer, cream the butter and sugar together. Add the egg, lemon zest, and vanilla. Mix until well combined.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt.
4. Add flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix until just combined.
5. Press about 1/4 cup of cookie dough into muffin top pan. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until pizzas are slightly golden brown. Let the pizzas cool for 2-3 minutes in the pan. Remove to a wire cooling rack and cool completely.
6. While the cookies are cooling, make the frosting. Using a mixer, beat the cream cheese, sugars, lemon juice, and lemon zest together until smooth. Spread frosting over mini fruit pizzas.
7. Arrange fruit on each mini fruit pizza. Chill until ready to serve.
Note-if you don't have a muffin top pan, you can make a large pizza by using a pizza pan. Feel free to use your favorite fruits-kiwi, mango, raspberries, mandarin oranges, peaches, and bananas are also great toppings!