Morning Glory Muffins – whole wheat muffins packed with pineapple, carrots, coconut, and raisins. These glorious muffins ensure a glorious morning, off to a healthy start!
Morning Glory Muffins, a Breakfast favorite!
I have never understood those people who skip breakfast. I go to bed thinking about breakfast. It is probably my favorite meal of the day and I eat the second I roll out of bed. Our boys are just like their mama, they wake up hungry and want breakfast ASAP! I try to always keep healthy muffins in the freezer so I can pull them out for the boys when they wake up begging for breakfast. Morning Glory Muffins are a classic muffins and always a favorite!
What are Morning Glory Muffins?
So let’s talk about these Morning Glory Muffins. They are whole wheat muffins loaded with pineapple, carrots, coconut, and raisins. Fruit and veggies all in one little muffin! They are easy to make and really easy to eat. Our boys gobbled up these morning glory muffins. I had to hide a few at the back of the counter so I could save some for the freezer! They will come in handy on busy or early mornings when our boys’ tummies are growling!
A Glorious Morning with Morning Glory Muffins!
Say good morning with Morning Glory Muffins and your morning is sure to be glorious!
Congrats Andie on your fabulous cookbook, Eating in the Middle. I can’t wait to try every single recipe. Eating in the Middle is “a mostly wholesome cookbook,” which I love. I love eating healthy, but I also enjoy splurging and enjoying all the delicious and decadent food. It is about finding the right balance and this book has it all! It is filled with real food from breakfast to dessert! Make sure you grab a copy and make these muffins TODAY!
Check out our other favorite muffin recipes:
- Lemon Blueberry Muffins
- Blueberry Muffins
- Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins
- Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
- Whole Wheat Banana Muffins
Morning Glory Muffins
- Prep Time
- 10 minutes
- Cook Time
- 20 minutes
- Total Time
- 30 minutes
- 2 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (I used melted coconut oil)
- 3 large eggs
- 8 ounce can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 3 large carrots, shredded (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Turbinado sugar, for sprinkling on top of the muffins, optional (I added this)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 18 standard muffin tin cups with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat the oil, eggs, and pineapple. Add the flour mixture and beat until just combined. Using a spatula, stir in the carrots, raisins and coconut. Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling each three-quarters full. Sprinkle with turbinado sugar, if using.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Transfer the muffins to a wire rack and let cool. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Note-the muffins will keep in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days. You can also freeze them for up to 1 month.
morning glory muffins