Nutella fans, I have a special treat for you today. Nutella Drop Biscuits. Easy homemade biscuits with Nutella swirled in. How good does that sound? Let me tell, you REAL good. Trust me, I know. I sampled one…or two, or three. I lost count. Josh is allergic to Nutella so he couldn’t help me out and we aren’t giving Caleb sugar yet, so I taste tested these all by myself. I wanted to make sure they were good enough for the blog so I had to eat more than one. I was just doing biscuit research. Tough job, I know:)
I love making drop biscuits because they are so easy. You don’t have to roll and cut, just take a spoon and plop the biscuit dough on a baking sheet. I swirled in a healthy amount of Nutella and added sprinkled sea salt on the top of the biscuits before putting them in the oven.
The biscuits are buttery and soft with a sweet swirl of Nutella. Chocolate, hazelnut, with hint of sea salt-divine! These Nutella Drop Biscuits would be a great addition to any brunch table. They are also great as an afternoon snack or dessert. You really can’t go wrong with Nutella Biscuits any time of the day.
Get out a jar of Nutella and make these Nutella Drop Biscuits. I know you have a jar hidden in your “secret” stash. I promise I won’t look while you get it out. Your secret is safe with me.
I know I didn’t share my biscuits, but I think you should. It is November after all, the season of sharing and giving. Your friends and family will love you even more after eating one of these decadent Nutella Drop Biscuits. They are drop dead amazing!
Nutella Drop Biscuits
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose Gold Medal flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter cut into cubes
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- Sea salt for sprinkling on biscuits, optional
- 1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, sugar, baking soda, and salt. Mix in cold butter with your fingertips until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add buttermilk and stir with a spatula until just combined. With a knife, gently swirl the Nutella into the biscuit dough.
- 3. Drop round spoonfuls of dough, about three tablespoons, onto prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle biscuits with sea salt, if desired. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until tops are slightly golden brown. Remove from oven, let cool to room temperature and serve.
- Note-I updated the recipe to only use ½ cup of Nutella. Some readers said that 1 cup of Nutella was too much.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
If you like these Nutella Drop Biscuits, you might also like: