First of all, thank you so much for all of the birthday wishes. I really am grateful to have so many fabulous friends and family members, near and far. I had a perfect day. Josh gave me flowers, a hydrangea plant (they are my favorite), and a card. He also did all of the chores and took me to Takashi for a fantastic sushi dinner. I also received flowers from my dad and cards and gifts from loved ones. We celebrated all weekend long too- I dragged the guys to see Dear John. It was my birthday so I got to pick:) We also had friends over for a Super Bowl party. It was a great weekend!
Now that my birthday is over we can focus on the next holiday-Valentine’s Day. Last year I kidnapped Josh and we went to a cabin for the weekend. This year we are keeping it simple and staying home, but I am sure it will still be a great day. Do any of you have special plans?
If you want to make a dessert at home, give these Oreo brownies with white chocolate a try. They are super easy to make, but look impressive with a little drizzle of white chocolate. They are perfect for celebrating with the family or a romantic evening for two. Chocolate is a must on Valentine’s Day and these are filled with chocolate and white chocolate. Double the pleasure, double the deliciousness.
Oreo Brownies with White Chocolate
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease the bottom and sides of a 9-inch round cake or pie pan.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Add in both kinds of chocolate chips. Whisk until blended.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the oil, eggs, and extract with a fork until just blended.
- Pour the liquid over the flour mixture and mix with a rubber spatula until just blended. The batter will be kind of dry, don’t worry. Stir in the Oreos.
- Scrape the mixture in to the pan and spread evenly. You might have to press the mixture in to the sides if you are having trouble spreading with a spatula.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick or cake tester inserted in to the center comes out with only a few gooey pieces clinging to it. Transfer the baking dish to a cooling rack and let cool.
- Cut into wedges. If you want to-melt white chocolate and drizzle over the brownie wedges.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
If you like these brownies, you might also like:
Oreo Cheesecake Bars from Two Peas and Their Pod
Chocolate Chip Oreo Cookies from Two Peas and Their Pod
Strawberry Shake It Up Brownies from the Cooking Photographer
Homemade Oreos from Smitten Kitchen
Oreo Cupcakes from Baking Bites