I am always looking for new ways to mix up my salad routine so I don’t get bored. I love this Orzo Salad with Chickpeas, Cucumbers, Lemon, Dill, and Feta. This salad is light, simple, and healthy. Enjoy it for lunch, take it on a picnic, or bring it to your next potluck. It is always a favorite. Your friends and family will love it!
I love using orzo in salads. My Easy Orzo Salad is a staple at our house. You can find orzo in the the pasta aisle. I used whole wheat orzo pasta in this recipe and I love it because it has a slight nutty flavor, but it isn’t heavy. It is nice and light and so good in salads!
I love this salad for many reasons-it is fresh, easy to make, keeps well in the fridge, and travels well. I love keeping a bowl in the fridge so I can pull it out for a light lunch or simple dinner. I also love making it for summer parties and picnics. It travels well and everyone loves it. It goes great with any meal! And sometimes it is our meal. It can be served as a side dish or main dish. Give me this orzo pasta salad and a slice of cold watermelon and I am in heaven!
If you are looking for a healthy summer salad, give this Orzo Salad with Chickpeas, Cucumbers, Lemon, Dill, & Feta a try! It is a summer staple at our house!
More Pasta Salad Recipes
- Easy Pasta Salad
- Tortellini Caesar Salad
- Southwest Pasta Salad
- Greek Tortellini Salad
- Spinach Artichoke Pasta Salad
Orzo Salad with Chickpeas, Cucumbers, Lemon, Dill, & Feta
For the Salad:
- 1 cup uncooked orzo
- 15 ounces chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
For the Dressing:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Cook orzo pasta according to package directions. Drain the orzo and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking and to wash away some of the starches. Allow the pasta to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine orzo, chickpeas, cucumbers, feta, dill, and red onion.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, dill, salt, and pepper. Drizzle over salad and stir until ingredients are well coated. Serve immediately or chilled.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
Thanks for Sharing!
If you make this recipe, please leave a star rating and comment below! You can also share a picture on Instagram! Tag @twopeasandpod and use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod.