Greek Tortellini Salad
Greek Tortellini salad made with cheese tortellini, tomatoes, cucumbers, olives, red onion, feta cheese, and simple Greek dressing. This easy pasta salad is perfect for summer potlucks and barbecues.
June is here and that means summer is here. I know summer doesn’t officially start until later in the month, but I am ready! I am giving us all permission to start summer early. We kicked off our early summer by making a Greek Tortellini Salad for dinner. I love making pasta salads during the summer months and this one is already a favorite!
I love a good classic Greek Salad, but I also like to mix things up. Last year, I made a Greek Quinoa Salad and it has become a staple in our house. This year, I jazzed the traditional Greek Salad up by adding cheese tortellini to the mix. Josh loves cheese tortellini and was very happy my new salad creation.
I love making tortellini salads because they are filling and easy to make. I used refrigerated cheese tortellini and added in tomatoes, cucumbers, kalamata olives, red onion, and feta cheese. I tossed the salad with a simple Greek dressing made of olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, and oregano.
You can serve the salad right away or chilled. This salad can be made ahead of time, which is a huge bonus. It will keep in the fridge for 2-3 days. I love making a big Greek Tortellini Salad so we can nibble on it for a few days. It is also a great salad to take to summer barbecues, pool parties, and picnics.
Celebrate summer with this Greek Tortellini Salad! No need to wait, let’s get this summer party started!
Greek Tortellini Salad
The classic Greek Salad gets an update by adding cheese tortellini. This salad is great for picnics, parties, potlucks, and every day meals!
Yield: Serves 8
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 7 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
For the Salad:
- 1 (20 ounce) package refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 large cucumber, chopped
- 1 cup kalamata olives, pit removed and chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
For the Dressing:
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the tortellini according to the package directions. Drain the tortellini and rinse with cold water.
- Place the tortellini in a large bowl. Add the tomatoes, cucumber, olives, red onion, and feta cheese.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper. Pour the dressing over the salad and stir until salad is well coated. Serve immediately or place in the refrigerator.
Note-this salad will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!
If you like this Greek Tortellini Salad, you might also like: