Owning a bed and breakfast has always been a dream of mine. I would love to have people from all around the world sit down at our table and enjoy a delicious breakfast. We don’t have any plans to open a B&B anytime soon, so I will have to keep dreaming. I do like to pretend that when we have guests or make special breakfasts that our house is a little B&B. Hey, you are never too old to imagine:)
We recently made Peaches and Cream Stuffed French Toast for breakfast and I told Josh that someday this decadent French toast will be on our B&B menu. It is divine!
Harry and David sent us a box of beautiful Sweet Oregold Peaches that were the star of the Peaches and Cream Stuffed French Toast. Their peaches are amazing! We snacked on a few fresh peaches before making our French toast and the room was silent. They were so good we didn’t need to say anything. We just savored our juicy peaches.
Later on, we diced up some peaches for Caleb and he also enjoyed them, except he wasn’t quiet. He yelled and begged for more! I am glad his palate is already refined.
To make the French toast, we made a cream cheese filling that was sweetened with powdered sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla extract. We spread the cream cheese filling on two slices of French bread and layered the peaches on top. We created a sandwich by adding another slice of bread. We dipped the sandwiches into an egg mixture and cooked the French toast until golden brown.
We served the stuffed French toast with diced peaches and pure maple syrup. The creamy filling and sweet peaches were a match made in heaven. I couldn’t of imagined a better French toast. Someday, when we have our B&B, I hope you will join us for Peaches and Cream Stuffed French Toast. Until then, please promise me you will make this French toast at home!
Peaches and Cream Stuffed French Toast
For the filling:
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sliced fresh peaches
For the French toast:
- 4 slices French bread
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Diced peaches and maple syrup for serving
- To make the filling, in a small bowl, mix cream cheese, powdered sugar, cinnamon and vanilla extract, until smooth. Spread cream cheese filling on slices of bread; top with peach slices. Make two French toast "sandwiches."
- In shallow pan or pie plate, beat eggs, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon. Dip the sandwiches in the egg mixture, on each side.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle to medium-high heat. Cook French toast sandwiches, on both sides, until golden brown, about 4-5 minutes each side. Serve warm with diced peaches and maple syrup.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod