When I hear peanut butter and chocolate in the same sentence or recipe, I always pay attention. I’ve done my fair share of baking with both ingredients, but when they come together the results are divine. My new favorite peanut butter chocolate treat are these Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Blondies. I am a huge blondie fan and these do not disappoint.
Josh is allergic to peanut butter so I shared these blondies with our friends. I am always happy to share my baked goods, but these were hard to give away. I might of even shed a tear when I handed a plate of blondies to our friends. It was sad to see them go. I knew that if I kept them I would have eaten the entire 9 by 13 pan by myself. So it is a good thing that I shared:)
I love this recipe because they are easy to make, you don’t even have to wait for the butter to soften. The blondies are soft, chewy, and have the perfect peanut butter and chocolate balance. I used milk chocolate chips this time around, but semi-sweet chocolate chips would be delicious as well.
If you swoon over peanut butter and chocolate desserts, you have to make these Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Blondies. I can’t wait to make them again and I might not share next time:)
Don’t forget to enter our Talenti Gelato and Sorbetto Giveaway! You don’t want to miss out on this one!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Blondies
- 1/2 cup 1 stick unsalted butter
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips I used milk chocolate
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9-inch by 13-inch pan and set aside.
- 2. In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and brown sugar, stirring constantly until smooth. Remove from the heat, and stir in the peanut butter, until creamy and combined. Set mixture aside to cool.
- 3. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- 4. Add the eggs, one at a time, to the peanut butter mixture, mixing well after each addition. Add the vanilla extract and stir to combine. Pour the mixture into the prepared dry ingredients, and stir until batter is smooth. Fold in 1/2 cup of the chocolate chips, reserving the rest for sprinkling on top.
- 5. Transfer the batter to the prepared pan, spreading the batter evenly to the edges of the pan. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips and lightly press them into the batter.
- 6. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the top is golden and the edges are slightly browned. Remove blondies from oven and place them on a wire rack to cool. Once cooled, cut into squares and serve.
If you like these Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Blondies, you might also like:
- Peanut Butter Blondies with Milk Chocolate Frosting from Joy the Baker
- Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Swirl Blondies from Eat, Live, Run
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Swirl Blondies from Gingerbread Bagels